Multnomah Falls

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Even with all the comotion of a new baby, my cousin and I managed to get away from the house for a bit and climbed Multnomah Falls, the second largest waterfall in the United States.

Thanks for looking.

20070319121308_multnomah-small.jpg

(Some people will do anything to get out of changing diapers!)

Cool factoid...I didn't know that was the 2nd highests falls in the US. It's a very pretty spot, even on what looks like what was a very grey day. The bridge is very scenic, and the green (moss? or vegetation?) beside the falls is very eye-catching.

How long did the climb take?

I love how the brightness fades from very light to dark. Oh, and my wild imagination keeps telling me that the orange thing in the water is a corpse :lol:

:lol: Hrm maybe this should be in the Darkside gallery? I thought the same thing!

Very beautiful!

Did you do a multi-shot merge to get the height-width ratio, or was this a much wider shot that you cropped?

Seems like I must begin to learn the name of these falls by heart at last, for at least two other members have been there and taken photos and posted those ... it is not easy to get the two stages into one photo ... I would guess you did some stitching?

thanks everyone.

Yes, I took a bunch of pics, and I think this group was either 3 or 4 pics that i stitched together. for this set, i changed f-stops as i went to try to keep the brightness the same throughout as best i could.

Anti, it took about an hour to climb. it was rough going--don't know if you've been to montreal, but me and the ex-Girl climbed Mt. Royal, and that was a babe of a walk compared to this one.

as far as the corpse...i honestly didn't notice it until y'all pointed it out.

it took about an hour to climb. it was rough going--don't know if you've been to montreal, but me and the ex-Girl climbed Mt. Royal, and that was a babe of a walk compared to this one.
Hmmm, an hour's not bad. It does look like rough going.

(Haven't been to Montreal for many years, but always drove up Mt. Royal, never walked it).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back