Murder At The Beach House

RedHousePainter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post so I figured what better way to introduce myself than with some photographs. :greenpbl: These were two that I took for an assignment last year. I've heard they're good but I want some professional opinions.

(Ok, I got a photobucket account. Lets try that again.)

smoking.jpg

murder.jpg

Ohh, thats a good shot, love the way youve done the heavy contrast.
id say this is an 8/10, but, perhaps the crop isnt right? im not sure....could it be a little lighter? or would that ruin the effect...perhaps.
If your trying to give a thoughtfull look, this high contrast is not what you want...if your doing a look of ghost like effect, then youve done a good job...

What I was thinking was, "I want a really creepy silhouette like this guy just commited the worst sin." Then the next month Sin City came out, which kinda reminded me of this picture.

Cool shots. Love the first one. Welcome to the forum....woo hoo , another cannuck.!!

i really like both shots, they have a great mood. I like the way they aren't black and white as well. Really nice.

I don't know if this is a professional opinion, but these are fantastic shots.
Great lighting, mood and title.

Really really good. I think if this were done by someone who was already famous, people would be drooling over them and praising the photographer to the skies. I think these are amazing.

I like the tone/mood you've set here.
In the first I'd love to see a bit more smoke swirlin around and maybe a bit more gloomy or menacing look in his eye/on his face to fit the "worst sin" scenario you were aimin for.
The second one hits the mark a bit closer but the silhouette is a bit clumped up - i think I'd like to see his arms more free of his body as I think that would also fit the scenario a bit more. :thumbup:

the first one is really cool. I love the crop with the clock down there :) neat

Most reactions

Back