Music photographers first gig.

anthemsandall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello every, I've been part of this forum for awhile now, but I have had such a busy life and have not had any time to really consider myself part of it so in a way this is my second introduction. as of recently I have started building my portfolio as a music photographer. getting photopasses is a full time job ;P
anyway I finally completed my first series as a music photographer and would like some feedback.

Nicholas Krawczyk
I don't want to spam the forum with all of the images so here is a link to the shoot.

let me know what you think! and if you enjoy it I have two more bands I'm actually working with coming next month which I'm very excited about.

OP
anthemsandall

anthemsandall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've noticed people saying to post the images instead of a link to the images
so here are just a couple. please give me honest constructive criticism.

Thank you.

$tumblr_mqewtj3kDZ1qj2l21o1_500.jpg

$tumblr_mqdcloLGeP1qj2l21o1_500.jpg

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
NOT my area of expertise, but a couple of quick thoughts: #1, don't crop the subject's arm. You had lots of room, just move the framing slightly to the right. #2 is rather under-exposed and spot-metering for say his ear, would have likely resulted in a better overall exposure.

OP
anthemsandall

anthemsandall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks for the input! Unfortunately my lens won't allow the fstop to go lower than a 5, but it's supposed to go down to a 4. but anyway as for the cropping I am currently trying to only shoot with a 35mm lens to work on my composition. (although personally on the second picture I kind of dig the darkness)

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics