What's new

Music when shooting...

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all just wondered if you guys like to listen to musc when you shoot and what genres

I do listen to musc when I shoot I like listening to opeth, tool, iced earth. They are my 3 favourite bands. I thought I'd ask if anyone does the same just being curious :)
 
yeah every now and then
 
I do listen to musc when I shoot I like listening to tool,


TOOL is always on in the car, on the computer (Vicarious is on right now) and I'd be watching their videos on my TV if I could lol

But no, I like to enjoy the quiet when I'm out shooting.
 
depends. Sometimes i just enjoy the landscape and wildlife around me. Other times, when i am setting up some ghetto lighting in my room ( an on camera flash, one held by me, and some construction lights a 500w a piece), ill jam out to despised icon, lamb of god, suicide silence, and music of that genre. Ima hardcore dude. all the way.
 
yeah, I'll put my friend's iTunes on shuffle, mostly if I'm doing indoor portraiture like my last project. But sometimes I have to turn it down so I can really concentrate on some shots.
As for genres, too many to name.
 
Lovin the feedback folks thanks alot :D
 
Nah, no music.

I listened to to much loud rock-and-roll, and spent to much time around unmuffled racing car engines when I was younger.

The feedback makes my hearing aids squeal. :lol:
 
I keep saying I am going to take my Ipod, but keep forgetting. I think I would like music on nature hikes/walks, but doing urban stuff or anything where I may encounter people, I wouldn't due to it sort of keeping me from interacting with the environment.
 
Radiohead
Frank Sinatra
Joanna Newsom
+ whatever I just bought (happens to be Caribou-Swim today)
 
I listen to music when riding around looking for a good shooting spot, other than that I like piece and quiet and like to take it the atmosphere around me. It's relaxing, not only that I have better inspiration. Maybe relaxing with a friend on a shoot, too, just having a conversation. :er:

Once in a blue moon though I'll play some of Joe Satriani's tunes on a low volume when alone. They're relaxing and provide for some good inspiration. Especially in urban settings.
 
Surfing with the alien is a fav of mine :)
 
Surfing with the alien is a fav of mine :)
Yeah it's one of my fav's, too! I have to say though I like Until We Say Goodbye. Joe Satriani is my favorite composer. :mrgreen:

It helps sometimes when I'm in downtown at night. For some reason it gives good inspiration. The techno remix he did of the same song, as well.
 
No. I want to concentrate on my work when I shoot, not on somebody else's. Then again, I've never been big on music as background noise.
 
When I'm out shooting, I like to listen to Above & Beyond, Kaskade, Oceanlab, ATB (trance style, vocal music)
 
Ambient music suits me most of the time.. Unlearn, The Grey Electric, Unwed Sailor, Pell Mell...

For you guitar fans, give a listen to 'Electric Tears' by Buckethead.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom