Music while shooting???

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone ... else ... listen to music while shooting? For some reason certain songs make me feel like picking up the cam like Nine Inch Nails - The Great Below. Am I alone on this?

I have thought about it certainly - though I think the only time I will is if I am in my room shooting. I don't like the idea of music distracting me when out and about shooting (people walking round towns with music always miss things - like people shouting to stop walking on the wet cement ;))

Most of the time I am out in the countryside and out there I think the music would be a distraction more than an aid.

also it would mean investing in an MP3player - that is like the whole cost of a good polarizer!

Does anyone ... else ... listen to music while shooting? For some reason certain songs make me feel like picking up the cam like Nine Inch Nails - The Great Below. Am I alone on this?

I don't listen to the same music, but I do listen to music when I'm out shooting. Especially if I'm out by myself. Doesn't happen too much when I'm shooting weddings... lol

Nope, sound offers a lot of cues for interesting things to shoot, not to mention that being completely immersed in what you're doing without the distraction of music can be quite cathartic

On the way to where I'm going. Once there, I prefer to listen to Mother Nature...... or at least the surrounding area. I get too involved with the music.

Did I mention that I'm an old fart and Alzhiemers runs on both side of my family tree.

On the way to where I'm going. Once there, I prefer to listen to Mother Nature......

Absolutely not. For two reasons:

- I deal with music day in and day out, being that I do music for a living and I need a break.

- Listening to music detracts from my contact with the surroundings, the ambient noises (I shoot landscapes, mostly).

But... I will listen to a nice album (i.e. any Pink Floyd) on the way to shooting.

I don't listen to the same music, but I do listen to music when I'm out shooting. Especially if I'm out by myself. Doesn't happen too much when I'm shooting weddings... lol

So you don't turn on loud rap music at weddings? haha

You can't beat a bit of death metal when you start to climb that clock tower. Oh, wait... never mind.

hello all,
I find I prefer the silence to concentrate on what I am shooting. But, I agree that I will use music at home for shooting----just background instrumentals.

Maybe some classic jazz or classical with no vocals at all---like that.

Does anyone use props for the ladies to wear? I am thinking of buying some good pearls for that purpose.

Most reactions

Back