What's new

Musical beats

shinycard255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
64
Location
IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been away for a while, or at least it feels like a while. Crazy busy on my end lately, plus I'm more active on other forums (fish forums).

Anyway, I saw something similar done with Beats headphones and wanted to give it a shot, so here is what I came up with.

beatst.jpg
 
Nice, I see nothing to complain about. Looks like a commercial product photo to me!

I'm not positive I am in love with the placement of the background red, and also the gradient isn't looking perfectly smooth. The gradient is probably just JPEG sucking, but I think I might like to see that background round area a little larger, or at any rate slightly more smeared out wider, a little more gentle gradient that goes out a bit further.

That is like the tiniest and lamest of quibbles, though.
 
Are the ear cushions black or gray in person?
 
Nice, I see nothing to complain about. Looks like a commercial product photo to me!

I'm not positive I am in love with the placement of the background red, and also the gradient isn't looking perfectly smooth. The gradient is probably just JPEG sucking, but I think I might like to see that background round area a little larger, or at any rate slightly more smeared out wider, a little more gentle gradient that goes out a bit further.

That is like the tiniest and lamest of quibbles, though.

The gradient on the background doesn't look smooth thanks to the JPEG conversion. On the TIFF, it looks fine. I was playing around with different grids for the spot that was hitting the background and ended up liking this one the most. After I was done retouching, I had wished that I had made the gradient come out towards the edges of the frame more, but oh well.

Are the ear cushions black or gray in person?

They are gray in person. Taking a 2nd look at it now, I should have hit them with more light on the front one towards the top of the cushion. Maybe I can dodge it out a bit to bring it out
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom