Musicians @ work!

lostcase_gib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markgalliano.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some more shots of local musicians (and their setlist) improved on a few aspects compared to the previous ones but plz let me know what u think.
Thanks

IMG_3225_1.jpg

IMG_3078_1.jpg

IMG_0273_1.jpg

IMG_3116_1.jpg

i really like 2 and 4. 1 and 3 are far too grainy, IMO.

im guessing that's their playlist in the 4th image? i like that its just written on a random, ripped piece of paper...

you've got to find a "happy" median to shoot at. shooting at that high of an ISO is killing your pictures, it works for the last one and i love the last one but the rest its an eye sore, your photographs are good but the quality is just the problem.

try shooting at a lower aperture, you are close enough that you dont have to worry about having too small of a DOF.
Another thing that distracts me is in your first one, the motion of the drumstick, really takes away the emotion, i see a lot of emotion in his face as he plays and itd be a great shot if you had froze the drum stick either hitting the symbol or coming right back off of it.

Give flash a try, use it very subtly and you can work wonders.

a little more light on the second one near the neck of the guitar would of added to the picture but also would of made the grain more apparent i think.

i hope you take this all as just trying to help out.

yeah i will def for next gig, prob is i have a canon s5 is and is a semi-slr, therefore i am quite limited in range, i am not a fan of the flash as it can distort the lighting effect of the club, but apart from that i will def use the comments here for future and keep updated!

cheerz mike!

switch to AV mode and set the aperture to a lower number. using the flash correctly can add to the shot, if you over power it with out a doubt it takes away, lower powered and either bounce it or use a diffuser and use it to accent like in the second photograph to accent the neck of the guitar

good luck, live shots are a hole nother ball game which you really just have to learn by taking photos and changing things on the spot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back