Must Have Photography Books

...Also I have the following:
  • The Joy of Photography by Eastman Kodak
  • More Joy of Photography by Eastman Kodak
Ah yes ,the Joy of Photography series. The original was one of the first photography books I got as a teenager. I loved it and still have it. Lots of topics, each covered in a single page or so.

The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman is one definite read.

One that I didn't see mentioned nor does it seem to often get read is the USERS MANUAL that came with the camera. Best book for anyone be they newbie or seasoned vet.

I love Roberto Valenzuela's books. I've read Picture Perfect Lighting and Picture Perfect Posing. Both are focused on portrait photography, because he's a wedding photographer. Both are really good at breaking things down to help you understand why, rather than just giving you poses and lighting set-ups to memorize.

One that I didn't see mentioned nor does it seem to often get read is the USERS MANUAL that came with the camera. Best book for anyone be they newbie or seasoned vet.
I don't think I've ever gotten a user's manual with one of my cameras since I've always bought off of craigslist. So long as I can figure out the controls for focusing, shutter speed, ISO, aperture, white balance, the menu location for picture style and file type, I'm happy. But as I was typing that I realized how much easier it would be for me to figure all of that out had I had a manual to flip through.

I don't think I've ever gotten a user's manual with one of my cameras since I've always bought off of craigslist. So long as I can figure out the controls for focusing, shutter speed, ISO, aperture, white balance, the menu location for picture style and file type, I'm happy. But as I was typing that I realized how much easier it would be for me to figure all of that out had I had a manual to flip through.

You know most user manuals are on the manufacturers website for free download ;)

Most reactions

Back