My 1st post and a butterfly..

Binkstir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post so please be gentle.. Here is a butterfly I caught at the Zoo in tulsa..

14325DSCN0679.JPG

The exposure looks good, but like others said, it is hidden by the flower, and it's wing is cut off on top.

The butterfly is not so easy for me to see against the foliage. There's more goin on around it than on the actual butterfly wing.

The clipped wing makes me stare at the top frame of the pic.

Yeah, I think this would have been better if shot from the other side. The butterfly looks good, but the out of focus flower really distracts from it.

This is my first post so please be gentle..

If you are wanting gentle replies and comments, then it will be a long road growing as a photographer. Aim to get the honest, blunt truth...no better way to learn.

You say its a butterfly image, but there is more of the flowers and setting than the butterfly. Be mindful of the rest of the stuff you have in the frame, you may think that its of a butterfly, but the viewer doesnt have the same blinders that the photographer has and takes in the whole thing. Learn to zoom in and fill the frame with what you subject is.

Center composed images are usually bland and boring. They come off as snapshots that dont have much thinking behind them, which unfortunately what yours comes off as to me. Look for different angles to shoot from, different focal lenghts as well. Dont just stand and snap, move around. Its harder with animals like this who tend to fly off, but try...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back