My 1st RAW shots, C&C appreciated

Raw image data files are not actually images we can see. They have to be converted.
By necessity, what you have posted here are JPEGs and not the Raw files.

A Raw file actually has no white balance, though whatever Raw converter is used will usually display the 'As Shot' white balance it is best adjusted using the Raw converter.
He is quite 'warm' in all but the 1st and of course the B&W.

they all have focus issues, likely because you don't yet understand how Depth-Of-Field DoF works - Understanding Depth of Field in Photography
You will want to have a good understanding of most of the tutorials on that web site, like - Tutorials – The RAW File Format

Guess I should have been a little clearer in my title. This was just the first time I went out and shot in RAW. But yes they are the JPEG's I converted from the RAW files.

I see what you mean, especially after seeing your edit, about him being "warm." It was really cloudy out that day so I chose the Cloudy option. And your right about my lack of knowledge of DOF, since I have been shooting most of my portraits at f/1.8, to try and separate my subject from the background. Thanks for the critique, and the reference material.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back