My 6 favorite shots from today- c&c please!

tsabary

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I couldn't delete/edit the previous (similar) thread properly, so if you have the permissions feel free to delete it).

Went out today to my neighborhood to take some shots and get better. I took them all in RAW but I'm uploading without touching them, because besides hearing what's your opinon, I would like to know how would you recommend processing them.

View attachment 40500

View attachment 40501

View attachment 40502

View attachment 40503

View attachment 40504

View attachment 40505

I recommend you post one image at a time, though this is interesting to see a collection.

Notice you have a trend of being up close and low. This is NOT a bad thing, but be aware of the tendency so it doesn't become a rut or a crutch.

#5 is pretty interesting. The rest, to me, not so much.

You have some white balance issues that are likely not intentional.

You need some practice on post processing. Start with sharpening and contrast or curves and I think your images will pop a little more.

Most of your images don't elicit any real emotion from me. There is no connection, no real interest. "Oh look, a pink tuby thing in the grass... why do I care?"

That said, what I do see is some sense of creative seeing, and I think that is going to help you be a better photographer in time than most people can ever hope, so stick with it.

I recommend you post one image at a time, though this is interesting to see a collection.

Notice you have a trend of being up close and low. This is NOT a bad thing, but be aware of the tendency so it doesn't become a rut or a crutch.

You need some practice on post processing. Start with sharpening and contrast or curves and I think your images will pop a little more.

Most of your images don't elicit any real emotion from me. There is no connection, no real interest. "Oh look, a pink tuby thing in the grass... why do I care?"

That said, what I do see is some sense of creative seeing, and I think that is going to help you be a better photographer in time than most people can ever hope, so stick with it.

thank you! I did go out trying to shoot from unordinary angles, so this is way their all close to surface. I'm also a big fan of the effect DoF has, but maybe it's just a begginers thing.

About not having a "meaning", your absolutly right. I went out in purpose to improve my composition skills. I understand the importence of having a meaning to your photo, but I want to have my technical side managed before I get into the artistic aspect.

Did you recently get a prime lens?

I lack in creative thinking when it comes to artistic photographs and such so take it FWIW.
My question to you is with number 4 what is the subject supposed to be?
I interpret no.1 to have texture, 2 is the ball, 3 is the flip flops, 4 is the ???, 5 is texture, and 6 is the hose.
Another this and this is just my opinion as the viewer to your photos, with number 1 I like the texture but, I'm not a fan of the tilted framing. I would have preferred to see the horizon level.
With the last image I personally think that there is too much clutter in front of the subject.

I like the idea behind the soccer ball and the flip flops but, they are images that I see quite frequently. I would suggest finding a way to make them pop a little more. Make them more your own and not something that is so IMO ordinary.

Again, this is just my subjective interpretation of your images. If they are images that you like that is all that matters.

Did you recently get a prime lens?

No, i was using a 18mm-250mm.

I lack in creative thinking when it comes to artistic photographs and such so take it FWIW.
My question to you is with number 4 what is the subject supposed to be?
I interpret no.1 to have texture, 2 is the ball, 3 is the flip flops, 4 is the ???, 5 is texture, and 6 is the hose.
Another this and this is just my opinion as the viewer to your photos, with number 1 I like the texture but, I'm not a fan of the tilted framing. I would have preferred to see the horizon level.
With the last image I personally think that there is too much clutter in front of the subject.

I like the idea behind the soccer ball and the flip flops but, they are images that I see quite frequently. I would suggest finding a way to make them pop a little more. Make them more your own and not something that is so IMO ordinary.

Again, this is just my subjective interpretation of your images. If they are images that you like that is all that matters.

I honestly don't have an answer for what is the subject in No.4. It just seemed like a nice photo.

about No.1, I also took one shot with horizon level:

View attachment 40525

And your probably right about the clutter I should have cleaned some of it.

thank you! I did go out trying to shoot from unordinary angles, so this is way their all close to surface. I'm also a big fan of the effect DoF has, but maybe it's just a begginers thing.

About not having a "meaning", your absolutly right. I went out in purpose to improve my composition skills. I understand the importence of having a meaning to your photo, but I want to have my technical side managed before I get into the artistic aspect.

Technical skills are more easily mastered than artistic ones. Be sure you do not lose the latter in your search for the former.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back