My Assignment Seven

BrieKayee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For my photography course I had to choose a photograph and try to copy it. I decided to choose a Emily Soto image and used my little sister as the model. And with it, my mark was 10/10 which i am really proud of :)

C&C welcome

$Assignment Seven.jpg

Nice emulation. You got the processing pretty close as well.

The only things I can see to look out for is the position of the head. Your sister's head is tilted much farther down than the original image. This can cause some very unflattering effects on the chin (double chin, etc...), and watch your framing. You can always crop a bit later, but if you shoot too tightly then all of that extra area is lost and you're stuck with what you shot.

Excellent list of points by rexbobcat in the C&C above. I agree with all his comments. GOOD emulation, yes I agree with that assessment. You got the model's lip color matched pretty well, wooded background, same basic pose, same basic processing approach, and so on. Congrats on the 10 out of 10 score!

Nice emulation. You got the processing pretty close as well.

The only things I can see to look out for is the position of the head. Your sister's head is tilted much farther down than the original image. This can cause some very unflattering effects on the chin (double chin, etc...), and watch your framing. You can always crop a bit later, but if you shoot too tightly then all of that extra area is lost and you're stuck with what you shot.

Rexbobcat, I have a lot of respect for you... Your C&C is always helpful, never snarky or mean.

Except for the hair its pretty spot on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back