My attempt at Bokeh

NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I took these in Shutter Priority instead of Manual.
The ones with the Lens...towards the end, I let the flash come up, but I didnt add those pics here...
What should I do diffrently?
DSC_0116.jpg

2. I think this one was too dark
DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

why have you taken these in Shutter Priority?

I met a girl at a party on Saturday and she told me that if I try shutter first to let the camera make the decision on what apeteur, and watch the meter that it might be easier for me. So, I tried it.

also, I went of raw for them, because I didnt feel like going to use the pc downstairs...this laptop wont let me view my pics in raw without opening every single one of them one at a time.

I see lines on last 2 photos.. not sure whats going on (about 1/3 from right)

why have you taken these in Shutter Priority?

I met a girl at a party on Saturday and she told me that if I try shutter first to let the camera make the decision on what apeteur, and watch the meter that it might be easier for me. So, I tried it.

Have you tried Aperture Priority mode yet?

The girl was wrong if you're trying to achieve 'bokeh'. Shutter speed has nothing to do with Depth of Field. It's all about the aperture and distances from camera to subject and subject to background.

are the lines vertical or horizontal?
I dont know what it is...my laptop is terrible for viewing photos because it's old and ****ty and the screen sucks...so I always see stuff...but also when I was uploading to picassa, it took forever and ever...and the first 2 attempts they all failed...I dunno.
No i didnt try apeteur yet, I will do that tonight, I'm gonna do one each night after the kids are in bed.
I didnt use the tripod till the end, and I was trying to watch what the ap turned into as I changed the shutter speed in response to the meter....
I was trying to get the lens and the glass in perfect focus as well...what should I do differently now?

are they white thin veritcal lines? I can see them on my laptop screen even without these photos...hmmm.

The girl was wrong if you're trying to achieve 'bokeh'. Shutter speed has nothing to do with Depth of Field. It's all about the aperture and distances from camera to subject and subject to background.

exactly. use shutter mode for action shots.

let me clarify...she didnt tell me to use shutter to try bokeh. She thought it would be a easy way for me to take pics and let the camera figure out the apt.
I'll give the ap mode a try tonight :)

she was showing me her flashes, and then showed me her fong, and why she uses it, I was just happy she spent so much time showing me stuff!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back