Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm crazy about hats :frantics:

1992641917_d7137dc5b0_o.jpg

1993445518_a014c83637_o.jpg

1993446066_15c3461645_o.jpg

1992643537_8bac54d737_o.jpg

cc welcome on all images, play with them if you like to make your point :)

I LOVE those hats... someone is getting very good at this. ;) What lighting did you use?

A big window in my living room and I had my SB600 on camera and turned around backwards at 45 degrees bouncing of window and ceiling and I'm sure a bit of wall. I was getting ticked towards the end cuz the sun kept getting longer and longer and I kept having to push her backwards into my backdrop(sheet lol...cheep backdrop)

You said to learn to work with layers. You were right...now I need to learn how to mask!

You had a wonderful model! :) her eyes are so expressive, and the pictures are so clear.

i agree, great colors. focus and of course a beautiful model.
she has the whole " i dont have to look at the camera, you know im beautiful" thing going on.

great series. - the hat thing really set it off.

Well, the pics were fairly bright to begin with. I did a whitening layer for the whites, adjusted opacity around 20% (I didn't want them freakishly white). Then I just used the dodge tool at about 65% opacity around the iris, some needed it more then others cuz when I added the soft light layer they got real dark. I used a defog action which is basicly just the USM but I don't have to go in and do all the changes I just adjust opacity of the layer.
I used to sharpen eyes seperatley but I read another ladies post about how she never did that, just made sure they were well focused to begin with and then when she did the defog they eyes came out. I just had to learn that and once I switched to manual focus my eyes started coming out allot better.

very nice! i think i shall give this a try on my nephew! your colors are great, and the eyes are wonderful!

I really love number 2!! Great job!! :D

Amber

Thank you very much. I am glad you like them. I get a bit nervous with my editing cuz I am on an uncalibrated laptop...can't wait to get a new monitor!

They look great! #1 and #2 are my favorites.

I love the eyes too! I have seen several people refer to defog and USM in posts and have no idea what they are talking about! I have Photoshop CS3, but can't seem to find anything that looks like it. What is it, and how do you do it? I love that look and would love to try it on my photos.

Most reactions

Back