My beginner photos

JungleGuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well im no photographer what-so-ever but heres some pics I took with my familys point and shoot(Nikon coolpix 4800). When i graduate highschool i plan on buying a nice digital SLR, but I just ordered a Minolta x-700 on ebay because I want to learn how to use a "real camera". I should get the camera soon and cant wait to use it. Anyway let me know what you think as these are my first attemps at this kinda thing.

These b&w ones are from when i was in a 1 week photography class.
DSCN1345.jpg

water2.jpg

pinktoeclose.jpg

jump.jpg

^cant wait for my minolta so i can get a macro lens and do some real macro photography

flys22.jpg

few more pics here: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/DansPhotography/

dear friend,

you have pretty nice images (really good I must say if you're entering the world of photography !) these are just few of the drawbacks I notice :

1. why the thick black borders ? they are kind of distracting and are making the images lose life.

2. did you consider having a subject in your second shot - an old man with a stick or a couple sitting at the river-side for instance ?

3. the 3rd, 4th and 5th, as you said, would look super cool on macro !

I want you to have a look at number 8 here : http://www.turboshots.net/featured/en/uwn/uwn_g_en.html

it would be really nice if you can get a verti-diagonal composition like this with your spider picture since the green on the BG is strongly attractive !

we have a long way to go together my friend ! keep on sharing your images with us. all the best with your new camera, wish you great photographs with it ! :)

thanks for the responce and tips:mrgreen:

42 views and only one responce though:(

hey man dont take it to your heart.. many avoid commenting on "beginner photos". I am a teensie bit experienced in photography and want to spread whatever I know to beginners, thats what I enjoy doing the most.

No one looks at my website as well, but thats how life is ! :er: :)

Private message me when you have new photos ok ? I'll get back to you. keep up the good work !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back