My best bird shots

Invisodude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New here, weather is horrid this time of year but thought to introduce I'd just post a few of my favorite bird shots from the past. C&C always welcome.

3581764621_790c8e4190_o.jpg

3956399990_441054832e_o.jpg

3687616685_b7f48991e5_o.jpg

1691343569_0fd0eb1ac9_o.jpg

4188552535_d7d5971e6c_o.jpg

696958644_3ef03c6569_o.jpg

iAstonish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The fourth one is awesome.

Hybrid Designz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love them all actually. But if i had to cc one i would say the last pic is too dark for my taste. but everything else looks very nice! can we see some more? any birds of prey?

Santa Gertrudis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I've wanted to capture a humming bird for quite some time now. Very cool shot! All of them look great! I agree with Hybrid Designz about the last one though. It's not dark enough to make it bad, but lightening it up a little would make a world of difference I think.

OP
I

Invisodude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Hey thanks for all the feedback much appreciated :)

I agree, the last needs some fill light in the shadows, I took that a few years ago when I got my first DSLR, I don't think I kept the original RAW file, back then I didn't even know how to edit things properly. If I do have it, I'll try to brighten the shadows up :)

Hybrid: I think I have a few osprey shots, but been very unlucky with hawks and eagles dern it!

Colin: That was my best hummer shot, most are of them sitting on or at the feeder, and I agree, those guys are tough, they usually show up after sun down when it's kinda dim out, so hard to get a fast shutter speed. I envy those people who have them in the bright light drinking on a cool flower, that's my dream shot of one :)

anmar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The fourth one but good work on all.

OP
I

Invisodude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the comments :)
If I see that cedar again, I'll let him know he's won the popularity contest ;-)

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
The fourth one, A ceder waxwing. A very tough bird to get, they do not seem to be fond of feeders and prefer to perch at high points in the trees. Well spotted and captured.

I my self have only one sucessful shot of a ceder waxwing despite their being relatively common here during the summer months.

OP
I

Invisodude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for looken :)

I got lucky with that guy, he landed ina small berry producing tree in our yard, about 15 feet away, while I was standing there with my Camera in hand! Like "thank you!" lol

That's a good shot you got too, it's weird how birds are different in different areas, around here, I can usually walk up about 15 or so feet to cedars and robbins, but starlings book it when I'm 50 feet away.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics