My best yet...(I hope)

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this the other day while out on my recent trip,I have been working at it in ps,What do you think??

spring.jpg

like it, lots of detail and great colour

The biggest part of the photo is the detail in the stump. I think you should have filled the whole frame with bark so you can really see the texture.

Nice. I am always attracted to tree stumps - they look so interesting with moss and other plants growing around them. My attempts are always disappointing, but you've captured it well here.

The color is fantastic :) Nicely done!

What do you think??

Very good...
I would suggest, if you can reshoot it:
1) Less depth of field....the background distracts from the subject...shooting at a wider aperture will throw the background out of focus and make the subject stand out more.
2) Watch out for junk in the background...in this case there is what seems to be a metal pole..you can clone that out...but it pays to see these before you actually take your shot, as you compose... and yes, it happens to all of us.
3) another thing you might want to try, just to experiment, is different camera angles...for example lie down and shoot the stump at grount level...either aiming the camera slightly upward or straight.

:)

it is nice indeed

.. the only thing bothering me is the lack of separation from the upper half of the background .. colours are so similar there. The contrast with the green grass is beautiful ... the image would be even better if there was a similar contrast to the background further up in the image.

I agree with the comments above, but is it just me or does that look overly sharp, its hurting my eyes its so sharp ><

However good photo and textures and im not sure there is any other angle you could use without capturing the glaze from the grass in the way you have i think as the guys said the best way would be to close stamp the pole out even maybe thinking of cropping to get rid of some of the distracting trees in the background, i wouldn't crop if you need to print though it then becomes a problem like it did with me :(

Palgie.

There is something in what Palgie says.
It looks EXXXTREEEEEEMLY sharp.
Nice light, though, lovely warm colours, good POV (but you did not flop onto your belly for this, or did you?) and great detail.
Bit busy background ... and next time you bring your spade and undig any fence post that might come in the way of your taking your photos, ok!?!?! ;)

There is something in what Palgie says.
It looks EXXXTREEEEEEMLY sharp.
Nice light, though, lovely warm colours, good POV (but you did not flop onto your belly for this, or did you?) and great detail.
Bit busy background ... and next time you bring your spade and undig any fence post that might come in the way of your taking your photos, ok!?!?! ;)

Thank you all who replyed.Lafoto I couldnt "flop on my belly" because the stump is wright on the edge of a steep slope so I got about half way down the slope untill I was at about eye level.The reason It looks over sharp is because the shot was origonaly out of focus or maybe a bit of camera shake so I used a unsharp mask to help.but I dont think its overly sharp.Maybe Im wrong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back