My Blad is dead. Help me think of a replacement!

That is beautiful!! I missed this thread before, but I would have voted for the 645. :icon_mrgreen: The RB is a beautiful piece of equipment, but you will not regret going with the 645.

So sorry about Blad. Still - excited for you!! Get out and shoot! :clap:

Thanks guys. I used a lithium battery by mistake, so I have yet to really get some film through it. So far over two rolls I have four exposures. Whooooopsie daisy.

UPDATE: The back is junk. Sent it back, getting another in return. Film counter wouldn't stop at one when starting roll, so the camera would run through the whole roll in two shots.

UPDATE: The back is junk. Sent it back, getting another in return. Film counter wouldn't stop at one when starting roll, so the camera would run through the whole roll in two shots.

Could also simply be a bum insert. These are available separately on the big auction site, sometimes as NOS. Keep in mind that Mamiya 645 220 backs are often dirt cheap, so much so that the cost+120 insert is often lower than a 120 back. The outer shell works with both 120/220 inserts. Make sure the plastic covering the hinge pins on the insert door is intact. They're often chipped away or DIY repaired which can cause light leaks due to misalignment.

KEH is sending me a whole new back at least. Worst case, I'll get some more 120 inserts. As for 220, I have some 220 film to shoot, so maybe I should look into a 220 back and a couple 120 inserts.

KEH is sending me a whole new back at least. Worst case, I'll get some more 120 inserts. As for 220, I have some 220 film to shoot, so maybe I should look into a 220 back and a couple 120 inserts.
Bah! Another delay. Well, I'm glad to hear you're dealing KEH, at any rate - they tend to make things right. I've never had any issues dealing with them. :icon_smile:

The guy I dealt with was SUPER knowledgeable. Awesome experience, too. He knew the issue and has dealt with it before, which is awesome. I'll deal with them again, I'm sure.

Blargh, it'll take 3-5 business days before they can even send me another, then I gotta wait until it gets here. I WANT MY CAMERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IT'S HEREEEEE and it WORKS! YAHOOOOO Time to fire a roll through!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back