My "Bride"

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So here are a few pictures from the session today. It was cold. 30 degrees. I'm in Florida, so it is COLD for us.
Original location was ax'd because they were loading beer so we just roamed downtown.

167702_144196795638051_100001431947276_263905_3806433_n.jpg

165555_144196718971392_100001431947276_263902_4825422_n.jpg

162978_144196918971372_100001431947276_263910_6654307_n.jpg

168931_144196975638033_100001431947276_263912_4980479_n.jpg

163433_144197028971361_100001431947276_263913_1546702_n.jpg

I love your lighting. Pose #2 however, looks like she is sitting on the toilet

Not bad, the processing on the eyes looks a bit too heavy handed though. It looks rather "unnatural".;)

gah, it does look like she is on the potty! :(
her eyes are seriously only slightly processed, they are just really defined.

Not a fan of number one being overexposed like that. The others are nicer. 4 and 3 are my favorites. I might have put her more to the right of the post 2 x 4 or what not so it wasn't in front of her but meh. The last one I think she's looking too far up for my tastes but the backlight is juicy. :sexywink:

I love them but don't like them. The potential is untapped. I consider everything that has non vertical lines as unfinished work. The digital darkroom leaves no excuse for having tilted or splaying lines. Unless it was intentional for artistic reasons. A beautiful girl and near beautiful photos except for the tilted and splaying lines. I would correct them (I use Photoshop Elements 5.0 using correct camera distortion)

#2 has a very slight right tilt as betrayed by the right edge
#3 is tilted and maybe splaying but could be argued that it is artistic.
#4 and 5 are splaying. i.e top or bottom lines wider than the other end

I love the potential in these but I would not have cut off her toes in #2. Consequently I would crop it tighter to get rid of the half foot. I would crop off above the skin of the leg. The right edge sliver of green distracts.

I really like # 3 as is and maybe even better if straightened

I'd crop the last one tighter to isolate the emotional element. The green and brown on the right distract.

Edit - as tirediron pointed out you did not ask for C&C, so I apologize for my unsolicited comments. However, in case you do feel like reading them, I'll leave them here rather than deleting them.

I'll try not to harp on things other posters have mentioned. I don't know if you just felt like adding a wedding dress shoot to your portfolio or if you're looking to use these to promote yourself as a wedding photographer, so some of my comments are from the perspective of a potential client as much as strictly from the technical photography side.

1) I find the little bit of bouquet in the corner to be distracting, particularly since it's the only real splash of color in the shot. I would either crop tighter to remove the bouquet entirely or zoom out/have her move the bouquet closer to her face.
2) It is a bit bright but I don't know how overexposed it is - at a glance, at least on this monitor, you don't seem to have lost any detail in the dress, which is arguably to most important thing in shooting a bride. I don't see any full-length standing shots in this set, so it's hard to tell how this dress wants to hang. I don't know if it's supposed to have the extra bunching in the skirt, but either way the extra material on the bench beside her is distracting.
3) I really like her pose and the composition of this one, body positioned towards the edge of the frame but eyes pointing back towards the center. However, I would have liked to see this shot without the wood that is next to her. I think her color works really well with the red of the brick and/or doors but the cool cast of the wood seems out of place. Leaving this position as is, I'd crop in a bit tighter on the left so that the red of the door goes all the way to the edge of the frame (if you like the proportions you can then stretch that door a bit to get the spacing back), and I would clone out the paper and the padlock on the door.
4) I like this one, though it looks like some of the highlights on the right side of her dress are blown. If there was enough of a ledge to stand on I would get her up into the doorway for some shots as well.
5) You seem to have lost some detail in the highlights of her veil and the hair on top of her head, I'd try to recover some of that. You might also want to try to remove some of the stray hairs, particularly the most noticeable ones as they catch the light. Next to the dress, hair and makeup are very important to most brides. Finally, is that a bit of bra showing on her left? (Looking back, it might be visible in #2 as well.) Not that it's very visible, but I suspect most brides would want the attention only on the dress, not their undergarments.

Last edited:
You've not asked for C&C, so I'll not add anything to the comments already here, except to say, "BUY A LIGHT METER!"

Most reactions

Back