Tighearnach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey
Would appreciate some feedback on a couple of shots i took at my bros wedding.

I am particularly interested in peoples view of my post processing. I shot in RAW and basically did a little cropping, white balance, change to B+W and some sharpening.

really not sure if i am over/under processing esp with regards to my sharpening. Not sure if they will look the same as they do on my monitor on laptop but here they are.

Thanks for looking

3196254777_44b868dd43.jpg

3196269437_b371105128.jpg

3196142251_52a95b14c2.jpg

3197052566_19573e4042.jpg

3196145875_66a4245732.jpg

3196992452_9c568a244e.jpg

Let me preface this by saying, I am an amateur, but here are my two cents. The first two are REALLY NICE. The third one, I don't really like the way that the one man is in the direct sun and the other two are in the shadows. Number 4 is REALLY nice. It has a nice, natural feel to it. #5 is sweet, except that you chopped off the one little girl's hands (a mistake I make MUCH TOO OFTEN!!). #5 just feels a little too underexposed. Now a pro might come along and say something completely different so take my words with a grain of salt. I'm just a newbie!!

I too don't think I am too qualified to give proper critiques, but I like them all. They are nice and crisp and look good. What were these shot with, lens wise?

I use an 18-50 f/2.8 sigma and a 70-200 f/4 canon. The canon is the dogs nuts.....

Some of those are a touch too oversharpened in my opinion. For an event like a wedding, maybe a more softer approach is best here. . .overall though, I think it's cool.

I have to agree with most people that number one is the best out of this set.

I like the first 2 alot nice work and I agree alittle warmer and they would be even nicer........Great pix though

Thanks for all the comments. Appreciate them.

Keep em coming.......

#1 was a real nice catch with their happy faces. The only negative I could see was the right side of the woman's face was a little dark, but I don't know what you could have done about that without ruining the rest of the pic.

#2 was maybe a little too tight, and too bad you didn't get the younger guy to look at your camera.

Overall, excellent set of images. In particular, 1, 2, & 4.

The light in #3 is....interesting. At first, I was like, "bah! they are hidden in the shadows!" but then I noticed the light on the side of the one guys face. I like the concept, but it doesn't quite work for me.

#5...almost there! Great image, but still a tad dark.

#6 is nice, love the background, but the bride is too dark.

I like your sharpening, actually.

Yeah i agree with most of these comments. I think the framing in 2 is too tight unfortunately nothing i can do about it.

As for number 3 I also think the shadow is too harsh. The light was so strong before we went into the church that I was a bit lost as to what i should do. In a circumstance like this im presuming you should try take most your shots in shaded areas? On the upside when we came out of the church the light could not possibly have been any better and this was when my best shots were taken.

Also with regards to number 6 i would appreciate advice on how to brighten up the bride. Do i need to use Curves? Also are layers necessary so that the background is not affected? I havent really gotten into the whole editing thing very much yet so appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks
T

I use an 18-50 f/2.8 sigma and a 70-200 f/4 canon. The canon is the dogs nuts.....

can you tell me wich lense and which setting you used for the first pic?

I like 'em all, and I don't think you overdid the sharpening. Excellent set of photos, and hopefully treasured additions to the wedding album!

Most reactions

Back