visualpoetry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkniivila.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Help!

The last two days of using my camera I've had some issues. I always shoot in Manual (M) on my Canon Rebel Xti. Over the last few days, with my cam in M mode, it hasn't been letting me adjust my aperture or speed. It's even bumping my ISO. What in the world is going on?! I have to kick it out of M mode and turn it back so I am able to make adjustments. It's reading my Manual mode as P mode. Could this be something silly I am doing or should I bring it in to get looked at??

Thanks..

I'm not sure if my warrenty has expired yet or not.. I have to pull the papers. UGH! So bummed...

Before you have it looked at stick in a new-ish fully charged battery and reset to the factory defaults. (make all your custom settings again - probably clock too!) If it persists after that check to see if you have the latest firmware update (gosh I assume the XTi can update it's firmware???). Update to the newest version if it's not. If the problem still persists after that then you may need to contact tech support and describe the symptoms. They'll know unless you're unlucky enough to get a noob.

Before you have it looked at stick in a new-ish fully charged battery and reset to the factory defaults. (make all your custom settings again - probably clock too!) If it persists after that check to see if you have the latest firmware update (gosh I assume the XTi can update it's firmware???). Update to the newest version if it's not. If the problem still persists after that then you may need to contact tech support and describe the symptoms. They'll know unless you're unlucky enough to get a noob.

Don't forget to pull the clock battery as well. Sometimes pulling them main batter will not allow everything to reset where pulling the clock battery along with the main battery will. Canon suggests that you let the camera sit 20 minutes without batteries to allow for the capacitors to fully discharge, then put the batteries back in.

Most reactions

Back