"My camera is better"

You were arguing with a pro. If you don't beleive me just look at her FB page
bigthumb.gif

OMG.

There are people who rely on salespersons to know which camera they should buy ?

Clearly she has too much money if she decides to buy a D7000 just because some merchant tells her to.

The mere fact she said "mines better" was a clear indicater she wasn't worth talking too.

The fact that she was shooting Nikon was a clear indication that she wasn't worth talking to.

;)

The mere fact she said "mines better" was a clear indicater she wasn't worth talking too.

The fact that she was shooting Nikon was a clear indication that she wasn't worth talking to.

;)

Hey...I resemble that remark.

Oh...Hey...Tyler....you gonna be in or around the portsmouth area on the 29th/30th? Bunch of models and learning models doing Trash the Dress, Vampire costume, and Masquerade shoot. Pro photogs and pro models helping new photogs and new models, sort of a "pad the portfolio" event. I got invited last night by a local photog, should be a blast.

OMG.

There are people who rely on salespersons to know which camera they should buy ?

Clearly she has too much money if she decides to buy a D7000 just because some merchant tells her to.

Bestbuy sales people rock, they explain to customers in great detail which bodies and kit lenses produce instant pro's
bigthumb.gif

She's wrong, my camera is better /thread

:D

I never understood people who feel the urge to claim their camera is better unless asked explicitly. No matter if it is nor not.

When I talk to people I meet for the first time, who often have inferior cameras, and they want to talk about gear ... then I might tell them what I like about my gear and what I do not like, but I would never ever bluntly tell them theirs was inferior. I try to encourage them, tell them the strength of their camera if I am competent to do so.

To me the behaviour described is just sick and tells something about lack in self esteem ;)

I never understood people who feel the urge to claim their camera is better unless asked explicitly. No matter if it is nor not.

When I talk to people I meet for the first time, who often have inferior cameras, and they want to talk about gear ... then I might tell them what I like about my gear and what I do not like, but I would never ever bluntly tell them theirs was inferior. I try to encourage them, tell them the strength of their camera if I am competent to do so.

To me the behaviour described is just sick and tells something about lack in self esteem ;)

I know a local wedding photographer who has a whole section of his "About" page on his website dedicated to what gear he uses. He says words like "finest", "best", "highest quality" to which I have to wonder if he's either insecure with his abilities as a photographer, or he has small dick syndrome and he's overcompensating.

Either way, when we were photographing for a college class he would constantly get on his high horse about how the 5D Mark II and Mark III are the holy grails of any cameras ever. "Almost all wedding photographers use 5Ds." That's literally what he told me. He spout so much technical bull**** it was just frustrating.

Granted, he didn't even know about dust on his sensor. The instructor had to come over and explain it to him, because he knew nothing about it. He also knew little about OCF. And he shoots almost exclusively weddings.

Oh...Hey...Tyler....you gonna be in or around the portsmouth area on the 29th/30th? Bunch of models and learning models doing Trash the Dress, Vampire costume, and Masquerade shoot. Pro photogs and pro models helping new photogs and new models, sort of a "pad the portfolio" event. I got invited last night by a local photog, should be a blast.

I would be interested in going... What route are you taking? Would it be possible to carpool if you ended up passing through close to where I am?

She likes them big, eh?

I love mwac's rocking high dollars cameras with kit lenses looking smug about it.

Then you get the question, "how do I turn the flash off?"

Me: "Did you read the manual?"
them: "no."
me: "when did you by this"
them: "6 months ago."
me: "lmao!"

one time I was at camera exchange and this lady was looking at some zoom lenses. She asks the salesman, "why should I buy this one?" And his response was, "its all plastic but has this metal plate on the bottom."

Once again, lmao.

I know a local wedding photographer who has a whole section of his "About" page on his website dedicated to what gear he uses. He says words like "finest", "best", "highest quality" to which I have to wonder if he's either insecure with his abilities as a photographer, or he has small dick syndrome and he's overcompensating.

Either way, when we were photographing for a college class he would constantly get on his high horse about how the 5D Mark II and Mark III are the holy grails of any cameras ever. "Almost all wedding photographers use 5Ds." That's literally what he told me. He spout so much technical bull**** it was just frustrating.

Granted, he didn't even know about dust on his sensor. The instructor had to come over and explain it to him, because he knew nothing about it. He also knew little about OCF. And he shoots almost exclusively weddings.

I met a wedding photog that shot with a 1d mark IV. I told him I had a sony a200. Never once did he say that his camera was better or act smug about it. But he did like seeing the excited look on my face when he let me take a couple pics with it. he told me I could shoot with it for a while but I was nervous handle that much camera especially knowing I could not replace it if anything happen to it. But he was cool as hell.

This stuff used to really tick me off and I'd get into it with people over it.

Then after a while I started just sorta smiling and saying "Yes, it's very nice. Very big camera!"

These days I'm finding I want to talk to other people in public with cameras less and less. :lol:

The folks that have the more serious gear or clearly know what they are doing tend to be so far beyond my skills that it's sort of embarrassing to talk to them, and anyone else runs a very high risk of winding me up in one of these kinds of situations. :)

o hey tyler said:

;)

Oooo low blow ...Canon Man.

Most reactions

Back