"My camera is better"

MatthewMorris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am in control of sound and lighting at a local 255 seat theater. Upon setting up for a evening Spanish dance/musical review. I see a person with a Nikon camera strap. Me of course always looking to talk about the craft find myself in an awkward situation with the
" photographer" here is the story

Me." hello...wow a Nikon shooter , I don't see that too often...what camera do u have?".
.she replied..."d7000"
Me..." wow cool. I just bought a d5100"
Her..." mine's better"
Without strapping the gloves on just yet, I kept my head and continued to assemble microphones for the show

After a moment of Great thought collection..
.Me "so....how is yours better"
Her..."the sensor is very big"
Me..."ok . But your camera isn't a full frame ..soo..."
Her..." its just very big,"
Me.." your camera has a apsc sensor.. The d5100 has the same image sensor as your camera."
Her..."no it doesn't "
Her." I got mine from the Nikon store in ny. They said it has the same quality as the cannon 5dmk2"...
Me..."that's a full frame camera...and..."
At this point i realize my breath is wasted and I sign off with
Me..."Enjoy the show..have a good time shooting in this low light theater with your kit lens.. Good luck"
And to the theater I walked
Not mentioning I had my 50mm 1.8 in my bag And would have let her use it if she was cool.
I was just trying to get into a camera conversation with someone that's all. Not looking for a fight. Oh well

I hate these kinds of people. I just wanna swing my camera at their f!%# heads.

...They said it has the same quality as the cannon 5dmk2"......

tumblr_m4348prVcj1r7zpqd.gif

she just wanted validation for spending too much on her first camera. lol

What blows me away is she had the nerve to say her camera was better..Really? Was she shooting in auto? :D

well of course, that's why her camera is better, you can use full auto to produce stunning images.. duh...

Don't get me wrong. I do not know everything, not would I ever claim too, nor am I smug about what little I do know. I tell my students constantly it's not about being better than someone at playing, it's about being a better person. Most of the time they get it. I have a few I have to shred now and again to keep there feet and head on the ground.

Nevermind.

My thought, exactly. No need for any emotions, I think. Some people just HAVE to know better than others... it is so in Real Life, and it is so on (photography) forums in the internet... it's how people are.

But it is a funny story, too! :)

The salesperson probably tried to first convince her to get the D7000, and when he noticed she was all confused.... Seeing that it was a losing battle, decided to con her to get it over and done with.

Most reactions

Back