My Cat

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

This is my first real attempt at a B&W in LR 5 (I've just started using LR about a week ago). So, any C&C would be great! Thanks!

$scooter.jpg$scooterB&W1.jpg

Im gonna say these are the greatest photos ive ever seen just because your a Man Untd fan "come on the reds" lol on a more serious note I think the B&W tones are a little flat and the fur to the left of the image is a little washed out (over exposed) but a good effort considering your still new to your software. Try using the dodge and burn tool. select a soft edge brush and set it to say size 500-800, in the drop down menu select midtones and set it to 5% and sweep the brush accross the whole image. Then change from midtones to shadows and reapeat. Play about with the process and see what kind of results you can come up with. Hope that helps.

Im gonna say these are the greatest photos ive ever seen just because your a Man Untd fan "come on the reds" lol on a more serious note I think the B&W tones are a little flat and the fur to the left of the image is a little washed out (over exposed) but a good effort considering your still new to your software. Try using the dodge and burn tool. select a soft edge brush and set it to say size 500-800, in the drop down menu select midtones and set it to 5% and sweep the brush accross the whole image. Then change from midtones to shadows and reapeat. Play about with the process and see what kind of results you can come up with. Hope that helps.

Haha, looking forward to the new season! Hoping for a repeat and a "21" or "22" title year! I appreciate the input and will mess with it some more for sure! I can never seem to get B&W "soft" enough without either over/underexposing something! I'll just keep on then!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back