My choice but your opinion?

Azmic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK So I've decided to get my first dslr which will be the canon rebel xs which is 500 on amazon. But I could also get the Rebel xsi for 618 which is still good. But if I got the XS I could save up and get a better lens. Which would you prefer?

Get better glass. The glass is more important than the camera body.

OK So I've decided to get my first dslr which will be the canon rebel xs which is 500 on amazon. But I could also get the Rebel xsi for 618 which is still good. But if I got the XS I could save up and get a better lens. Which would you prefer?

I don't know the Canon line. I stick with name brands (Nikon). However, I agree with musicaleCA - go for glass. I'm still using 20-year old lenses but, during that period, I've replaced my camera body five times.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info it'll save me some money.

I don't know the Canon line. I stick with name brands (Nikon). However, I agree with musicaleCA - go for glass. I'm still using 20-year old lenses but, during that period, I've replaced my camera body five times.

are you implying Canon is NOT a 'name brand'??? :confused:

are you implying Canon is NOT a 'name brand'??? :confused:

My question as well?? Certainly that was written by mistake...right??
Canon is probably the largest "name Brand" out there and by personal preference, as I have used both Nikon and Canon, I much prefer the Canon. I used my friends Nikon D90 which is more expensive than my Canon XS....but after using the Nikon D90, the D90 it turned me off and I am very happy that I bought the Canon XS.

My question as well?? Certainly that was written by mistake...right??
Canon is probably the largest "name Brand" out there and by personal preference, as I have used both Nikon and Canon, I much prefer the Canon. I used my friends Nikon D90 which is more expensive than my Canon XS....but after using the Nikon D90, the D90 it turned me off and I am very happy that I bought the Canon XS.
you canon lovers need to make your way to my thread and voice your opinion :)

link is in my sig :hugs:

That's some funny stuff right there. :) Canon is a "name brand", they've dominated in the DSLR space since the beginning of it. Nikon has only recently caught up. I hope that was a typo. :)

That's some funny stuff right there. :) Canon is a "name brand", they've dominated in the DSLR space since the beginning of it. Nikon has only recently caught up. I hope that was a typo. :)

i think he meant he is the type of person that is brand loyal, and nikon is his brand of choice for photography. i could be wrong though. :meh:

and neither company has ever dominated the market. the biggest market share lead either has ever seen in competing markets is roughly 10%. dominating the market would be at least a 50% lead imo.

Are you opposed to buying used?

Why are you buying cannon in the first place ? Cannon good if your intending on shelling out countless paper on fast glass, go nikon dude better n the long run.

I know cannon users won't agree, it's ok.

i think he meant he is the type of person that is brand loyal, and nikon is his brand of choice for photography. i could be wrong though. :meh:

and neither company has ever dominated the market. the biggest market share lead either has ever seen in competing markets is roughly 10%. dominating the market would be at least a 50% lead imo.

It's painfully obvious that Canon owners do not have a sense of humor.

As far as domination is concerned, Nikon did dominate the SLR market at one time. Canon did a major catch-up when they introduced their super-fast auto-focus lenses some twenty-five (?) years ago. It's been neck-and-neck ever since.

You have made little sense there...I understand the old glass, Ive used really old nikon glass, and its no different than my brand new nifty 50, only thing different is that they are manual focus, which isnt a problem...almost every other shot with my 50mm lens is manually focuses...the thing is horrible at focusing...

Well anyhoo, you imply that glass in more important then bodys, yet your camera body has been replaced 5 times....hmmmmmmm

To the OP, I would go with the cheaper camera, they are both rather similar, and the cheaper body will let you have more money for better glass, but then again, its not a HUGE difference, im not all to familiar with the canon rebels...but if the specs of the XSi are significantly better, and you feel its worth the extra bit of money, by all means get the XSi.

I guess it's a matter of perspective, but most people would agree that Canon, early on, owned the professional market. The consumer market has always been a pretty even split. Canon ruled the photojournalist and sports shooter markets for several years until Nikon fielded truly competitive (some argue better) gear than Canon (D3 and D700). Until that point, Nikon went for years without even having a full frame camera on the market to compete with the 5D.

But let's not belabor the issue. My point was that Canon certainly is a major brand name. :) I don't think we need to turn this into a Nikon vs. Canon thread. So I'll drop it. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back