My Ciro-Flex Film Pictures

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fujifilm Neopan 100 developed in coffee.

Ciroflex_011.jpg

Ciroflex_010.jpg

Ciroflex_009.jpg

Ciroflex_008.jpg

Ciroflex_007.jpg

Ciroflex_006.jpg

Ciroflex_005.jpg

Ciroflex_004.jpg

Ciroflex_003.jpg

Ciroflex_002.jpg

Ciroflex_001.jpg

Bryce2.jpg

Some of the photos are a little "soft," but then a couple are better. Maybe you need to test the camera at different apertures to find the sharpest one(s). I don't know about the reputed quality level of the old camera, but the dreamy rendition is pleasant. I'm going to have to give Caffenol-C-M a try, I guess, as I've seen some other pics done lately that were excellent--mostly with ISO100 type films like you did.

Some of the photos are a little "soft," but then a couple are better. Maybe you need to test the camera at different apertures to find the sharpest one(s). I don't know about the reputed quality level of the old camera, but the dreamy rendition is pleasant. I'm going to have to give Caffenol-C-M a try, I guess, as I've seen some other pics done lately that were excellent--mostly with ISO100 type films like you did.
I'll see about doing that. I thought they turned out pretty good considering the camera is so old, I have never developed film before and I had to adjust the viewing lens to focus with the taking lens.

I'm wondering if the lens might not be a bit dirty, perhaps inside the camera...seems like it is flaring quite a bit.

Good job!
Thanks!

really nice work! your developing looks pretty nice too.

how long did you develop in the caffenol?
It develops for 15 minutes with agitation every 30 seconds.

I'm wondering if the lens might not be a bit dirty, perhaps inside the camera...seems like it is flaring quite a bit.
Like from inside the camera or inside the lens elements? I tried cleaning them inside and out as best as possible.

Nice job!

The flare is because you are shooting into a bright background. Typical for old cameras.

I'll bet those are scaned negs n not scanned prints.. so you can't really judge from that. Print em and you'll be pleasantly suprised at the results and how much contrast you'll gain. Scaned B&Ws always suck.

Nice job with the the old Ciro-flex. Looks like you are well on your way to dialing in the classic look of that old triplet. You really need to keep the sun well away from the axis of the lens. Sometimes I shoot my old TLRs "sideways" so the shadow of my body falls across the camera. Instant lens hood.

Nice pictures! You might could push a minute or two on the caffenol for more contrast... maybe? Anyways, good to know the Ciro is ticking normally. How much did you pay again? If I may ask.

Nice job!

The flare is because you are shooting into a bright background. Typical for old cameras.

I'll bet those are scaned negs n not scanned prints.. so you can't really judge from that. Print em and you'll be pleasantly suprised at the results and how much contrast you'll gain. Scaned B&Ws always suck.

Yes, these are scanned negatives. Why is it that scanned negatives suck? So I could take what I have here, send it to be printed and it would look different?

Sometimes I shoot my old TLRs "sideways" so the shadow of my body falls across the camera. Instant lens hood.
Good idea!

Nice pictures! You might could push a minute or two on the caffenol for more contrast... maybe? Anyways, good to know the Ciro is ticking normally. How much did you pay again? If I may ask.
I am still working on the times. The times I used were what I found on the internet. Maybe I will add a minute next time. I paid $35.

Yes, these are scanned negatives. Why is it that scanned negatives suck? So I could take what I have here, send it to be printed and it would look different?

Very different. Scanners have trouble with shadow detail and dither on grain.

Sending your pics out to be printed will be just as bad as scanning em, they will still suck, just a bit differently.

Print em yourself, adjust your exposures, use a variety of papers, play with contrasts, burn n dodge, play with different developers, fit what you feel is right for the subject as the photographer.

You've only done half the job, now take it to the end.. the photograph. That's what makes you a photographer.

Anyone can make a print, but only a photogrqpher can make a phtograph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back