My cousin

hXcPhotography1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first photoshoot with my cousin and her fiancé.

Please feel free to to critique!

IMG_0936-2.jpg

IMG_0927-2.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0927-1-1.jpg

IMG_0908-1-1.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

C&C per req:

Hmmm, some issues with the images appearing.
1. Won't show
2. A really nice pose, however the lighting is harsh to say the least. You have over-bright highlights on their right, and and shadow on the left. The shadows aren't a problem, but a diffuser was needed to tone down the bright areas and even the exposure a little more.
3. Won't show
4. Same image as #2
5. Won't show
6. More even lighting this time, because the tree is acting as a diffuser, but the multitude of criss-cross shadows is less than attractive, and competing with the subject. I think this one should have been shot as a landscape, and the subject positioned according to the rule of thirds.
You've got some nice ideas there, just a few technical issues which need to be worked on.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks!

Sorry about the pictures not showing up, I'm not sure what is wrong, they seem to be showing up for me.

Okay...it's my first time commenting on this forum...so here goes! I like the first and second shot for the poses and expressions. On the technical side-don't be afraid to use a flash to fill in the dark spots and shadows when shooting outdoors. It looks like you were shooting on a beach which can be tough b/c you can't always find the shade you need when there's harsh lighting. Just keep the flash in mind when you get into a jam like that again.

Also, #5 isn't very flattering of the female pictured. I think I'd leave that out when showing your cousin unless you know for sure she won't mind.

Other than that...your cousin and her hubby to be are beautiful and so obviously in love! It seems like you all tried a variety of poses. I say reshoot them as often as you can!

Oh...and I could see all your pictures so no worries! :)

Nice shots but the poses are the ones we always see. Nothing wrong with that really but i'd like to see something fresh.

Most reactions

Back