My daughter...

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my daughter (the 11 year old who does photography with me) had to have 4 teeth pulled thursday, and since then she's been a bit under the weather. Today, after I was home, she came in just sobbing, so I could barely understand her. After a few repeats of sentences, I got out of her this basic story: She had the worst nightmare she's ever had. In her dream she had purchased about 5 million dollars of photography equipment for me for my birthday. BUt before she could give it to me, people took it all. Her worst dream ever ended with the fact that she couldn't give me all the photo equipment I ever wanted.

She sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. I hugged her and told her that I was so touched that this dream bothered her so much, and that I loved her so much, and if that really happened, I'd just get out my current camera and go shooting with her. She said she loved me and calmed down.

Lessons learned:

1- My daughter has no clue of when my birthday is (it's not for several months, so there's still time to save her pennies and buy me all the equipment I want)
2- My daughter has a *very* accurate grasp on how expensive photography can be ;-)
3- My daughter loves me

Quite an afternoon.

BTW, if anyone wants to chip in and help her provide such a wonderful birthday for me, I can get you information on how to donate to the cause. ;-)

Kevin

Awww, that's a touching story....maybe the experience taking pictures with you recently made a BIG impression on her. Sounds like it might have. Sounds like a wonderful child. Cherish these kinds of moments.

That's so sweet. Isn't it ironic how a dream that leaves her in tears makes everyone else go "awwwww"? It's one of those precious childhood moments.

I think because your daughter cares for you so much you should go out and buy her a million bucks worth of equipment........... and then borrow it.

I think because your daughter cares for you so much you should go out and buy her a million bucks worth of equipment........... and then borrow it.

I already gave her a Canon G1-X. And a LowePro sling bag. And a tripod. That's gonna have to do for a while. ;-)

She sounds like a very sweet, loving and intuitive little girl. :) She also has demonstrated that she understands what you care about, and she wants to be part of it and make it even better for you somehow. I'd take that little sweetie on lots of photo shoots!

I sense major father/daughter bonding through photography.

There's your birthday gift. :heart:

Awwwwwww.... :love: Too precious.

I have only just been introducing my 11 year old to the manual functions. He hates the manual focus. But don't we all at the beginning?

Awww, very touching. She has a good sense of empathy and that shows great parenting. She'll go far in life.

My faith in the next generation has been restored....a little.

I am sure next generation is going to beat all of there ancestors.I have firm believe in this.

That love is worth more than every single piece of photo equipment twice over !:)

Most reactions

Back