My experiment with 600 manipulation

No of course not I just got busy doing stuff. Actually that reminds me of my first semester of college(actually the first semester of the college that I graduated from to be precise b/c I went to several before that-anyway another story) I had just met my husband 2 months before that and I was driving 2 hours to pick him up on the weekends both ways(he was military at the time) I moved to go to school which happened to be a 15 minute drive from where he was stationed(how convienent). So I rented a room in a boarding house basically and he stayed with me most nights. We ate out of the pot most of the time. A month later I was pregnant and here we are 6 years later still happy together with a total of three kids. Yes those were the days it was fun(I don't miss the roaches though)

mysteryscribe said:
Magda was the blonde painter love of my life of course....<not to be confused with the slum madam love of my life, or the gypsy love of my life> She rented a loft above a pool room. She had no money of course... I was a cop with the local pd at the time.

There were two apartments above that poolroom. I had one, she had the other. Her apartment was funished salvation army retro and mine had a telephone with a thirty foot cord.

I can remember eating salad at her place from a soup pot, because we had no salad bowl and no small bowls either. It was salad in the middle of the table with one fork each. God I loved those days.
This SO sounds like the beginning of one of your stories. hmmm..... Not that I don't like it, of course. ;)

Yes I'm still here. No I didn't make any progress. I'm still bummed I guess and it is interfering with progress not to mention I'm too chicken to spend any money right now. Things have been busy somewhat to the kids are back and we're doing our usual night time gaming(WOW for those gamers out there) anyway...I'm just in a funk I guess.

You are about to get the world's worst advice....

You have a digital camera.... it costs nothing to shoot it.... shoot pictures.... shoot pictures.... shoot pictures.... shoot pictures showing your mood. All pictures are not pretty and fluffy, some are dark, and funky things.

Look around today, pick up the thing in your house that best shows how you feel at the time... Put the object in a closed window, Set your camera on full manual... figure the best lighting make ONE exposure the right way, (just as if you were shooting one large large negative) then come post it on this thread.... I dare you....

Just so you know my only digital camera was fifty bucks on ebay and I use it to shoot for my blog and to shoot for ebay. Now and then I make a shot with it that isn't all that bad.

I liked your picture. An artist can make great pictures with a disposable camera, and the tourist who had a nikon d200, but doesnt know what an fstop is, will make well exposed crap.

:lol:

that reminds me I have to pick up some disposables I had developed at Wal-Mart from our cross country trip and Disney Land(most of which are pictures taken by a 5 year old --okay okay maybe 1/2 of them I took :p)

How I wish I felt...hmmm have to think on that one a bit longer.

patriciao82173 said:
Yes I'm still here. No I didn't make any progress. I'm still bummed I guess and it is interfering with progress not to mention I'm too chicken to spend any money right now. Things have been busy somewhat to the kids are back and we're doing our usual night time gaming(WOW for those gamers out there) anyway...I'm just in a funk I guess.
We all go through funks. Charlie's right - just shoot away as cheaply as you can. Or, do nothing and let things simmer beneath the surface for a bit. I've a feeling nothing's gonna hold you back for too long. ;)

LOL

So I made a digital collage for the "what I wish I felt like" it's nothing special really the ferris wheel and umbrellas photos are actually mine they were done with liquid light and one of them hand colored about 4 years ago. I lowered the opacity on the oils because they are something I don't have and need to complete the ingredients list. The money in the background...well thats an obvious who couldn't use more right? :)

http://photographybypatricia.blogspot.com/2006/05/what-if.html

Here's the basic reality we moved cross country in February we shipped a few things that we wanted to keep mainly boxes of sentimental stuff very little furniture so now all our income is going to refurnishing our house and reestablishing ourselves and until that process is complete MOST of what I want to do is on hold so I'm stewing on all these wonderful ideas that I can't wait to dig into and it's driving me insane.

Most reactions

Back