My experiment with 600 manipulation

I can only say sanity is over rated....

Remember my daughter's advice about my advice...

There are many things I once did and can no longer do... So now I do what I can do. Your picture in the window was beautiful and haunting..

You can do that now... Do what you can as you can.... I give this advice to lots of people and none of them pay the least bit of attention... It isn't as important what you do, as that you do something.

Hey - that's a very good collage, I like it! I read what it's all supposed to mean, but tell me about the cotton balls. What do they represent?

ugh, moving is always an upheaval. It does take a long time to get settled. No wonder you're feeling a little twitchy! :meh:

I'm happy you found the forum. :) At the least, you have another place to post stuff and at best, you've made some friends here already.

well I usually use cotton balls with the oils blending them but since you mentioned it...

Let's say they represent the whispy mysterious infrared quality be it color or black and white that I'm so intrigued with. :)

I am thrilled that I didn't need to ask about the cotton balls. I used them for putting down oil paint on toothed prints as a background color... I didn't have it right but I thought I did.. rofl story of my life. Also print wash the oil paint way to tint..

patriciao82173 said:
well I usually use cotton balls with the oils blending them but since you mentioned it...

Let's say they represent the whispy mysterious infrared quality be it color or black and white that I'm so intrigued with. :)
I figured they were a tie in with the oils, but since there was also a picture of them in there, I was just makin' sure. :razz:

I like the IR reference better. :thumbup: Have you shot much of the HIE?

Actually other than one roll that was somewhat of a failure in college no I haven't. I have mostly manipulated digital images to mimic it. I'll have to see if I can dig out that one roll. The pics on it would have been okay had the professor not pulled out the crank on the camera while it was still loaded (which was a college camera not mine I had an Elan IIe at the time with the infrared sprocket problem) so the sprockets were fogged anyway which was a bummer I had to crop most of them so much that most of the roll wasn't usable.

http://photographybypatricia.blogspot.com/2006/05/infrared-revisited.html

ETA: Charlie I know you drewling over that cannon in the background btw that's Fort Macon we're at. :)

okay you showed me yours so ill show you mine

image232jc.jpg

Patricia: very nice hand coloring work! :thumbup: You definitely ended up with some fogging/light leaks from that mishap. :x Not your fault, and IR lets you get away with some of that, since it's all so ethereal, anyway.

Good stuff. :) Hope you shoot it some more.

Scroll down I have one of all 3 of them at the same stage (they are all boys btw) and the purpose of the pic is to have them all 3 printed and framed in 12x12 square format. They'll be hanging in our living room. I'm going to try again maybe tomorrow and see if I can grab a smile in the next one. Then I'll feel like it's complete. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back