My favorite photo.

jenrettl1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughters senior photo. Feel free to C&C.

$IMG_0747.JPG

Last edited:
So.. like a self portrait?

So I should move the photo to a different catagory? This isn't me though, that's why I posted this under People. I am totally new to this so I'm sorry if I sound ignorant.

So I should move the photo to a different catagory? This isn't me though, that's why I posted this under People. I am totally new to this so I'm sorry if I sound ignorant.

Ok.. so it isn't a self portrait then! Why don't you tell us why you like the shot?

Exif:

PhotoME version: 0.79R17 (Build 856)

[ Overview ]
URL: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...880d1348267098-my-favorite-photo-img_0747.jpg
File type: JPEG
File size: 866.8 KB
Creation date: 10/25/2009 13:36
Last modification: 9/21/2012 19:21
Make: Canon
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS
Software: Firmware Version 1.0.9
Dimension: 2352 x 1568 px (3.7 MP, 3:2)
Focal length: 55 mm
Aperture: F5.6
Exposure time: 1/100"
ISO speed rating: 200/24°
Program: Manual (Manual)
Metering Mode: Evaluative
White Balance: Daylight
Focus Mode: Off (Manual Focus)
Noise Reduction: Off
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

No, everything is fine. Apparently you posted it originally in a different forum area and Tirediron moved it into the People Photography forum. His post was just to let you know that he had done so.

Ok.. so it isn't a self portrait then! Why don't you tell us why you like the shot?

Exif:

PhotoME version: 0.79R17 (Build 856)

[ Overview ]
URL: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...880d1348267098-my-favorite-photo-img_0747.jpg
File type: JPEG
File size: 866.8 KB
Creation date: 10/25/2009 13:36
Last modification: 9/21/2012 19:21
Make: Canon
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS
Software: Firmware Version 1.0.9
Dimension: 2352 x 1568 px (3.7 MP, 3:2)
Focal length: 55 mm
Aperture: F5.6
Exposure time: 1/100"
ISO speed rating: 200/24°
Program: Manual (Manual)
Metering Mode: Evaluative
White Balance: Daylight
Focus Mode: Off (Manual Focus)
Noise Reduction: Off
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

I am sorry for the confusion. I am new to forums. This is my first forum of any kind. Where would I get the overview info you have in your example? Thank you for your input.

No, everything is fine. Apparently you posted it originally in a different forum area and Tirediron moved it into the People Photography forum. His post was just to let you know that he had done so.

Ok. Thank you very much for letting me know.

Ok, since you are requsting critique here you go. If you are going to shoot a portrait, turn the camera 180. Second, the focus is on the tree to the right. Fantastic focus on the bark, not so much on your daughter.

In short, you missed the shot, although I like the concept. On a side note, at least you were in manual, so props for that. Thanks for joining the forum.

Keep on shooting! Keep on posting. Welcome. :thumbup:

Ok, since you are requsting critique here you go. If you are going to shoot a portrait, turn the camera 180. Second, the focus is on the tree to the right. Fantastic focus on the bark, not so much on your daughter.

In short, you missed the shot, although I like the concept. On a side note, at least you were in manual, so props for that. Thanks for joining the forum.

90 degrees, not 180. 180 degrees would just be upside down.

the pose makes her look bulky; get her torso sideways more - do some reading on posing
the dark area under her chin looks bad

90 degrees, not 180. 180 degrees would just be upside down.

Well that's embarassing! Yes, 90 degrees. However, if the OP HAD tried 180, who knows, maybe it would have turned out.

Most reactions

Back