I don't think it was because she posted in the Professional Thread as you referred to many times in your little tantrum there Georgiegirl, IMO it was that she carried and presenter herself as a professional. That's the difference to me.
I don't post in there. Why? 'cause I'm not a pro and don't really have any business too. I read to learn. Nor, do I carry myself as a pro or sell my wares...or I would get the same sort of banter.
However...all that in mind...people need to realize...this is the internet. Take it with a grain of salt. Who really cares anyway? Enough to affect your real life in such a way. It's silly.
Some of the critiques on here are more slanderous than actual critiques...but again...this is the net...and find me a site that doesn't have that. You won't. I don't disagree with some of what you said, nor am I taking sides, or doing anything more than relating what I am seeing, and I seen you a few times making post such as this...the main problem I have with it...if you're interested, is that you are lumping up the whole for the few. This is a great site...one I'm very happy to be a part of...so it does bug me a bit to see it slandered or bashed in such posts as yours. If you want to publicly chastise what you feel is unfair critiques or just plain assholes leaving their mark at the expense of others...by all means...do it, you have that right. Generally, that is what Facebook is for though...internet rants about things that don't really matter. OR you can even do it here I guess, aimed at those you find worthy of such things...but to call out the site as a whole...as you did...is just wrong.
I poke fun at things, am generally sarcastic, and make light of heated debates simply to do just that, make light of it, get a few chuckling, and maybe things will simmer down and move on...just like buckster and fauxtographers recent internet banter. Because its silly and they both have value to the site as a whole.
So I make fun of this experience too...to get a few chuckles...and folks move on. Its usually best. I ran a forum for 5 years and E-fights were always there, they always will be. People will always get their feelings hurt, people will always not give a crap, and people will always enjoy the rest. It's how it goes. One thing I didn't stand for on my site was people bashing the site as a whole. That sets a tone worse that that of which you are complaining about, I hope you can see that when you get done being mad I what I typed, because frankly...I'm right. As an admin, I'd come down on you more for bashing the site than the members for being people...'cause that's what they are...people. The internet is a big place...no one has to be here. It's tough running a site, even with a staff full of mods. They can't be everywhere always. It's impossible. I'm sure this will be shut down soon as it is pretty much a pointless thread now, as you're taking a joke/silly thread and turning it into a drama thread.
I have not been here long, but I can say this with all certainty. This site does not condone or encourage people being assholes to others for the sake of their own gain. Surely a blind man can see that.
/rant