What's new

My first attempt with tiltshifting

Sharpiks

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken with an older camera, but yeah, is it any good or is there something I'm missing?
f3c5e637-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
You used a lens for this effect or is it photoshopped?
 
You used a lens for this effect or is it photoshopped?
Photoshopped. I don't really consider myself that advanced of a level to deal with a different assortment of lenses.
 
Looks fairly good really. A good subject like the one you chose really helps a lot.
 
You need to use a softer gradient on the blur layer (if that's how you did it). Right now, it sort of looks like there's a 'shelf' of water under the boat where the water instantly goes to out of focus.
 
You need to use a softer gradient on the blur layer (if that's how you did it). Right now, it sort of looks like there's a 'shelf' of water under the boat where the water instantly goes to out of focus.
Like so?

5ab77b06.jpg


fc841160.jpg
 
I think the first one looks better, even though its fake tiltshift:sexywink:
 
I think the pictures you are trying use don't really work with a fake tilt shift.

I personally think it looks more believable when the subject is shot from above/farther away.

A W1K contest linked here. It gives an easy to use technique.

The right image will make a huge difference.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom