What's new

My First Attempts at Suicide/Depression Awareness Set. C%C Please!

Dude, this is some hard core stuff you are dealing with. I'm impressed with you for working through it.
 
I think #2 is probably the most powerful. For me anyway.

I really hate to even mention this, but I feel the nylon rope detracts from all of them. It's too 'artificial'. I think some other, more 'timeless' material would be more fitting. It seems like a petty thing to even mention, but I think that one small change would have a drastic impact on, well, the impact of these photos.
 
Pretty well-done stuff, man! Impressive. Good photos dude.
 
Very powerful. Especially #2. Thank you for sharing these.
 
Depression is a very personal thing. I think it is noble that either you or someone you know wants to use their experience to prevent more suicides.

The first shot appears to be a double exposure.

I wont venture to critique it beyond that as the content alone just says tread with caution. Far to personal to break down the technical qualities. Would be like critiquing a photograph of a starving child.
 
Thanks for all the feedback! Yeah the first one is a double, I personally liked the idea of having me and the sign kind of fading. As far as technical critique, please do. You won't hurt my feelings. I know I'm an amateur.
 
So, these are you? I feel for ya. I have been there. It was when I was a teenager and at the time I didn't feel like I had much to live for.

Looking back, so much changed after that and it never would have happened if not for me going through my darkest hour. I look at my life now and think "Wow, I am glad I got to live to experience this" and just remember that. No matter how bad it gets there is always tomorrow. Another day when things could change and get better.

I really hope you don't actually see a monster when you look in the mirror. In a world full of people I would consider Monsters, that is not what I see in these images.

:hug::
 
Last edited:
Wow. This is powerful, saddening, and encouraging. The pictures are technically quite good, and no one would argue that the subject matter isn't moving. A+.

I hope this endeavor is a requiem for past problems and not a current struggle.
 
Powerful emotional stuff. Remember what ever you go through there is always some one else going through the same or similar thing or even worse. All things come to pass over time just need to give it time for it to pass. Time may not heal all wounds but the mind protects its self and covers them with scar tissue.
 
First and foremost, suicide prevention is a HUMONGOUS part of my life and one of my largest passions. Thank you for venturing into an area not many are brave enough to enter.

I think they are all fantastic, but the very last one, with the cardboard just hanging there... if you could get the same shot of "don't let your demons win" hanging from the noose, only at a more direct angle, it might be easier to distinguish.
 
So, these are you? I feel for ya. I have been there. It was when I was a teenager and at the time I didn't feel like I had much to live for.

Looking back, so much changed after that and it never would have happened if not for me going through my darkest hour. I look at my life now and think "Wow, I am glad I got to live to experience this" and just remember that. No matter how bad it gets there is always tomorrow. Another day when things could change and get better.

I really hope you don't actually see a monster when you look in the mirror. In a world full of people I would consider Monsters, that is not what I see in these images.

:hug::

I agree completely. I'm actually starting to be thankful that I'm going through this. I mean ideally, I'd like to not to suffer from clinical depression and recover from a self-inflicted gunshot, but I feel it's making me stronger. Most of all, it's making me want to help as many people as I can. If these pictures get out there, then great! If nobody but the people here and my friends see them, but they help at least 1 person, then I'll be happy. Nobody should feel as alone, helpless, and scared as I did that night.

And thank you for the kind words :) I'm just not used to how I look right now and there's still more healing to do and more operations but that and my voice are just a little upsetting at the moment.

Wow. This is powerful, saddening, and encouraging. The pictures are technically quite good, and no one would argue that the subject matter isn't moving. A+.

I hope this endeavor is a requiem for past problems and not a current struggle.

Thank you very much! And yes, I'm using this as part of my healing progress. Some people think I should just "forget it." I don't think that's possible and even if it were, I don't want to forget this.

Powerful emotional stuff. Remember what ever you go through there is always some one else going through the same or similar thing or even worse. All things come to pass over time just need to give it time for it to pass. Time may not heal all wounds but the mind protects its self and covers them with scar tissue.

Very true. I'm doing my best to help others who are in similar situations as me, dealing with depression. I know the hopeless, helpless, alone feeling all too well and I wish it on nobody.

First and foremost, suicide prevention is a HUMONGOUS part of my life and one of my largest passions. Thank you for venturing into an area not many are brave enough to enter.

I think they are all fantastic, but the very last one, with the cardboard just hanging there... if you could get the same shot of "don't let your demons win" hanging from the noose, only at a more direct angle, it might be easier to distinguish.

I'll definitely give that a shot today, thanks! I have some more ideas for signs so I'll probably be posting more later.
 
This thread is way too serious for me to post anything.
 
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom