My first Beginner C&C

pony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Brand now here and just looking for some basic critique and tips.
I truly appreciate any and all :)
646bf7ab.jpg

ea7d740c.jpg

4da65ca0.jpg

f8560c27.jpg

023d5d87.jpg

background in #2 looks really nice... i feel like the rings need some better lighting on them though cuz they look a little dull

#1 Like how you got in tight on her.

#2 Need more light on reflective objects, too much background.

#3 Could be a nice shot but the background is blown out and is distracting.

#4 Would like it better all color or all B&W, not a fan of selective coloring, the flower is cut off and part of another flower, takes the eye out of the image.

#5 Dog looks a little soft and the background is distracting, needs to be in focus or completely out of focus.

You are doing a good job, keep shooting!

1. This one is my favorite and her expression is so cute.

2. Great composition but the rings don't stand out to me. Trying adding some shadows and highlights in that picture

3. Background is slightly bit disctracting to me.

4. I'm going to disagree with a few people on this one but I love highlighted photos.

5. Rover's body is slightly bit distracting, if you could only get a shot with his face then this photo would've been perfect.

Most have covered what I was thinking.

When doing flower shots, such as #3, pay attention to the quality of the flower petals. While I know we don't always have the choice, but if you can, chose an angle were it minimizes the petals that are broken, burned, eaten and ripped. :)

Thank you all.
I appreciate the critique and advice. I have been looking round this board and I am excited to learn more.

What kind of camera are you using?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

It was a hand me down, not sure it is the camera for me though. I am looking for a local store where I can go and try out a few others...

what kind of lens did you use for #2? I like the composition of the rings and how theyre stacked, works nice.

Is that a greyhound or a whippet?

Well...looking at these images I think you have some potential. The camera itself isn't bad, you just have to learn how to use it properly. When it was first released in 2006 the list price was $1999, so it's not a cheap piece of junk. But it is different (Four Thirds System) and you'll have to learn how to get the most out of it.

I found this Lumix DMC-L1 Forum over at Four Thirds User that you might want to check out.

Most reactions

Back