What's new

My first Few shots with my D60 SLR

smogsy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
London UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought as i've just joined i would post my first few shots with my first SLR that i have ever owned. i have a Nikon D60 with Kit Lens 18-55mm

just a few i like they have been edited in PS/Lightroom 2/Aperture 2

20090615163425_8002.jpg


20090610080537_the_flower_by_smogsy.jpg


20090610080454_the_drink_with_air_by_smogsy.jpg


20090610080423_i_ponder_by_smogsy.jpg


hope you like :mrgreen:
 
1. great focus and really nice colours

2. Over saturated and looks a little surreal on the plant but i like the leaves

3. never saw this one before, really nice and creative love the bubble in the glass

4. good use of lighting although the glasses are a little too dark
 
The kind of calibre of those pictures usually appear in photography magazines. I remember reading a lot of them from D60s. Amazing.
 
1) could move the subject more of center, use the rule of thirds [link]
2)agin with the thirds and you croped it a little too close to the top
3) interesting, white balance seems to be off and the glass is crooked
4)just a little too dark
 
i really like the idea of the third picture, but would redo it where the glass isn't slanted
 
1. Looks good----close your F stop to increase you depth of field. (part of the leaf is not focused)
2. I love over saturation. I don know why but i do. I would crop tighter on the flowers them selves. but I love the color.
3. Looks... well.. Idk. Its art. who knows. LoL Only thing I would do is work on the alignment. vertical lines go straight up and down. All lines are parallel to the border.
4. I love this type of shot. Close crop low key face shots. Only thing i would do is get a little wider shot getting the whole face. With the D60 I would line up the left focusing meter to be the main focusing meter and open the lens (f/stop) all the way.
You seem to have a good eye for art and a good eye to capture the emotion of art is more important that your ability to push a button.
Read my article for some advise on Photography.

How to Take A Great Photograph | eHow.com

Keep up the good work my friend.

Daniel Sach
Sachphotography Fine Art Photography The homepage of Daniel Sach and his photography Company
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom