MY FIRST FILM CAMERA!!! EEEEE!!

AmberAtLoveAndInk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.loveandinkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks to a very generous forum member, minicoop1985, I now own an Elan II ! Just wanted to post a thank you thread to this kind member and upload a pic of my new baby :) she's sporting my 50mm and looks gorgeous!

$IMG_7815.JPG

Thanks to a very generous forum member, minicoop1985, I now own an Elan II ! Just wanted to post a thank you thread to this kind member and upload a pic of my new baby :) she's sporting my 50mm and looks gorgeous!

View attachment 69888

Wish i had the patience to use a film camera! Thats such a cool looking camera

That's awesome! Isn't that the canon with "Eye" focus? Where you can program it to focus where you're looking in the frame? Looks great!

What film(s) are you planning to use in it?? :)

I'm really ONLY a film user, so I'm extra excited for you :)

I'm excited for you, too! I'm pretty much all film as well (only use digital for documentary stuff) so it's always nice to see someone excited about it. Now you can come hang out in the Film section ;)

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

That's awesome! Isn't that the canon with "Eye" focus? Where you can program it to focus where you're looking in the frame? Looks great!

i believe that's a feature on the Elana model that was made after this one, I'll have to look into though, sounds awesome!

I'm excited for you, too! I'm pretty much all film as well (only use digital for documentary stuff) so it's always nice to see someone excited about it. Now you can come hang out in the Film section ;)

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Thank you! We'll see about the film section lol I might have to wait awhile until I'm good at it before I post anything, you guys are pretty brutal!!

i believe that's a feature on the Elana model that was made after this one, I'll have to look into though, sounds awesome!

That one isn't an eye focus, like she said. It's the Elan II e or something very close to that that does. It is, however, a mostly metal body. Much shine. Wow.

I'm very glad you're excited to use it. We're not too bad in the film section. We're mostly breaking things and complaining about why they broke this time. :lol:

Ok just because why not...

B&W ....

ilford PanF+ (models in good light and mountains)
Ilford HP5+ (models in dim light)
Fuji Acros100 (everything, especially night time long exposures)

Color

Fuji Velvia50 (landscapes)
Fuji Provia100f (models)

That's it... I'm not really a color negative kind of guy so the color films I recommended are transparency/slide film. That's a preference... If you want color negative it's basically Kodak Portra400/160 for portraits and Ektar100 for landscapes.

Ya it's wicked cool looking and we'll see if I can have the patience as well lol. Can't wait to give it go.

All you need now is some chemicals to process your film

Nope, if Bresson didn't process his own, why should I? lol

It's all part of the fun and control of exposure with film you don't stop thinking about exposure when you have taken the shot because it is all in the developement as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back