My first film shots - 24 B&W unedited

^^^

:lol: So sad.

'course, I'd like to say it was a shame because it was a good car, but really the thing was a piece of junk. A really cool looking piece of junk, but a piece of junk nonetheless. :)

^^^

:lol: So sad.

'course, I'd like to say it was a shame because it was a good car, but really the thing was a piece of junk. A really cool looking piece of junk, but a piece of junk nonetheless. :)

I wanted one so badly at the time -- that stainless steel looked so cool (and this was before the era of SS refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.).

Then again, I also wanted a Pantera, and you could go deaf driving one of those things ...

and an XKE, and you could go broke (and stir-crazy) trying to keep it running ...

so, what's some good film to use that's quite a bit faster than 400?
You can push 400 speed film as Max has outlined below, but you must be careful to mark it as pushed when you drop it off at the lab, or it won't be developed correctly. And mark it as soon as you pop it out, so you can't confuse it with any other rolls. ;)

You can push 400 speed film as Max has outlined below, but you must be careful to mark it as pushed when you drop it off at the lab, or it won't be developed correctly. And mark it as soon as you pop it out, so you can't confuse it with any other rolls. ;)

And double-check before you mark it, too. I marked one roll 3200 while in the caverns, and after dev, figured out that it must have been the one I decided to try at 6400.

Number 2, is not the waste of film you think it is, yeah, it's not what you where looking at but there is something about it that just screams to me. I like it despite the shortcommings you feel it has.

Number 7, is absolutely stunning in my oppinion, I really like the soft focus for this one, and I always love the shots where the model is not staring down the camera. A beautiful candid to my eyes.

Number 11, I like that one, I'd call that wall material.

Number 17, Definate wall material, not my wall but, I can see that on the wall of nice milkshake parlor or whatnot.

Number 21, Nice shot, a little over exposed but nothing major. The view is nothing special only because you knew it before you shot it, taken for granted because of family history. Some times it's what we take for granted that other people like the most.

There are a few others in there I would definately call keepers, but these are the ones that had they come out of my camera would have gotten priority. exelent job.

Thanks, Battou! It's great to get such good input from members that I respect so much on here.

Where do I get "Wall Art" printed? After going to Lawrence Photo & Video with the intention of getting several 16x20s, I left with the negatives still in my hand, after they said "well, our negative scanner doesn't do all that great for 8x10's and above" and after they proved incompotent yet again when I asked them about 35mm proportions. I have no clue what a 35mm frame proportions are, and was hoping they could tell me. The lady there was clueless. I'd like to know, simply so I know how much of what sides will be cropped off when doing a 16x20. She didn't seem to know. Unfortunately, Lawrence Photo & Video is the only place that I know of within 2 hours of me.

Are there any places I can mail in my negatives, and get decent quality 16x20s shipped back to me?

In Japan Kinko's does an excellent job for a great price. I hear it may be different in the west tho. <shrug>

In Japan Kinko's does an excellent job for a great price. I hear it may be different in the west tho. <shrug>

Never thought of them. great idea! I spent an hour there packing a dozen 20x30's of race pictures to hand out last Saturday and the company is terrific! I kept trying to buy supplies (tape, bubble wrap, etc) and they would say "ohh dont buy that, we have some you can use". Anyway, I'm a big fan of Kinkos...I'll check with them and at least give them a try. Thanks!

What size is "Wall Material"?

What size is "Wall Material"?

Can't say there is an answer for that, it depends greatly on "whose wall" some applications an 8x10 would suffice wile others want bigger, subject also plays into the equation as well. #11 could prolly get good size, Personally I would not go beyond 26 inches because I don't have a lot of wall space. #17 just screams 8x10 or 8x12 accent peice, but these are my oppinions. It is safe to assume that the oppinion of others will say different, know what I mean.

Can't say there is an answer for that, it depends greatly on "whose wall" some applications an 8x10 would suffice wile others want bigger, subject also plays into the equation as well. #11 could prolly get good size, Personally I would not go beyond 26 inches because I don't have a lot of wall space. #17 just screams 8x10 or 8x12 accent peice, but these are my oppinions. It is safe to assume that the oppinion of others will say different, know what I mean.

Thank you.

I see what you're saying and it helps. I have some rebellion against 8x10's simply because that's such a common size, and it doesn't seem to stand out anymore. But, given the proper frame/matting, it probably can.

Yes, #11 is the main one we want in our living room. Thanks for your help. Now, I just need to figure out where to take it to have it blown up! I'm at a complete loss.

...as am I, I'm limmited to the drug stores POS machine that never works and won't go bigger than 8x10, witch sucks because with full frame film I either have to shoot for an 8x10 or CG post process in letterbox to get the picture I wanted.

Enlargers are pretty cheap nowadays and just about any room without a window can turn into a darkroom... You would probably have everything you need for under $200 if you were patient enough. Best thing is it is downright EASY (and probably cost a little less than a pro lab in the long run.)

Well I have shot a few more photos, primarily with my shiny new used EOS-3. I tell you what, shooting film is making me try to get the most out of my settings before I shoot...since I can't do any test shots.

Also, the RANGE of my lenses is absolutely great on a 35mm! My 70-200 f/2.8L IS is absolutely a perfect range for a lot of general shooting. On my crop bodies, it's a little far to be very usable...but on the film cameras, it's a great length. Same with the 50 f/1.4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back