My first Firework Pictures

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tonight was Langley Airforce base night time air show, which ended with a firework display, My aeroplane pictures were rubbish, but my firework pictures came out ok-well after nearly 20 bad pics I started to improve LOL

I needed to be further back or use a wider lens (which I dont have) as I didnt get the whole thing in the shot

I set my shutter to different slow speeds and used a piece of black card to block light in-between fireworks, I dont have a remote and I didn't use my timer, but did use my tripod,and i manually focussed. It was quite an interesting learning experience.

I was pleased with the lack of noise and sharpness of the pictures

These are my faves:

2597004114_340dd78a9c_o.jpg

2597004026_b3d5489576_o.jpg

2597003968_5f2a1902a6_o.jpg

and even though I over exposed that top firework and cut the top off, I still like this shot:
2596172323_077a59aafb_o.jpg

I think you did very well Rachel. The last is a bit overexposed, but if you like...who are we to say otherwise? They are very sharp indeed.

One thing I have come to appreciate from other photographers and photos I've seen, much like clouds, I prefer to see some grounding between the sky and the earth. Just a thought.

the first two are my favorites, they are so crisp! I actually like how the firework is cropped out a little in the first pic.I t adds extra interest I think.

love 1 and 2 idk about 4 tho the first are so nice though

Great job. 1 & 2 are my favs.

Yeah, very well done indeed. First two are great. Congrats!

For these being your very first firework pics they came out really, really well! Best are the first two, as everyone else is saying as well.

For these being your very first firework pics they came out really, really well! Best are the first two, as everyone else is saying as well.

well that is because this forum is so helpful!

Thanks I adjusted that played with shutterspeed and the card in front of the lens and really enjoyed doing something different

kundalini I agree they would be more interesting- they were near water and if I had thought about it i would have scouted the area for a better spot.

Most reactions

Back