My first Fireworks attempt

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think they came out alright..I just wish there was something else in the shots with them. I tried to get on the opposite side of the river so that I could get the cityscape and capital building in the shots, but I was not allowed.
So here is what I did get:

fw2.jpg

fw4.jpg

fw6.jpg

fw7.jpg

fw8.jpg

fw9.jpg

fw10.jpg

fw11.jpg

fw12.jpg

fw13.jpg

fw14.jpg

prefw.jpg

"Alright"???
You say you "think they came out alright"????

THEY ARE BRILLIANT!
Each and every one of them!

Chase, actually, I was trying to shoot in "bulb", but it I had a problem. I would set it to bulb, then switch over to remote so that I could use my remote and then bulb would not work. It was driving me crazy. I finally got so frustrated, because the show was about to start, that I set to 5 second and waited and listened for the boom. I had the aperture set at f/11, camera focused to infinity, using my 50mm 1.8D AF lens.
I wonder if anyone knows why I was having trouble being able to shoot with the bulb exposure? I have been able to shoot in "bulb" with my remote before, but last night I just couldn't. Maybe I needed to let some light into the lens? I think that maybe have been the problem..I hope to get it figured out before I get to Disney next week, because last night was my practice to see if I could do it for my Disney photos! :D

great shots, i think they came out awsome

These were in DC? I was at the fireworks in Fairfax.

These came out nicely. I'll have to get mine up soon (although the forum seems flooded with fireworks).

MommyOf4Boys said:
DC? No....they were downtown Baton Rouge, LA on the Mississippi River
Ahh... the talk about the Capital building threw me off. :)

Most reactions

Back