My First HDR Images Post Process

duceduc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to photography and have purchased my first dslr camera. Canon EOS Kiss x6i. I love the way hdr images looks and have tried a few from these random shots I took in Japan.

Attachments

• $Image-9466.jpg
    $Image-9466.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 174
  • $Image-9469.jpg
    $Image-9469.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 155
  • $Image-9471.jpg
    $Image-9471.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 147
  • $Image-9473.jpg
    $Image-9473.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 142
  • $Image-9477.jpg
    $Image-9477.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 145
  • $Image-9538.jpg
    $Image-9538.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 162
  • $Image-9544.jpg
    $Image-9544.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 148
  • $Image-9704.jpg
    $Image-9704.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 167
  • $Image-9700.jpg
    $Image-9700.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 185
I'm really digging the umbrella shot.

I like the clam like looking sculpture photo. Very nice!

First dslr, first go at HDR...you're off to a pretty darn good start there! All very nice.

I like the bicycles and umbrella one best.

Thank you all for the comments. I suppose countless hours of reading tutorials, tips, how-to's,camera basics,composition,etc on the net paid off.

I have a question for you all. I noticed my raw images are not coming out as sharp. I know it is partly due to my kit zoom lens (18-135mm). Many articles I've read suggest some ways to get sharper images with your kit lens. I have follow them but still am not satisfy with my results.

I do not have a tripod yet and am still deciding on which one to get. Actually, I do know the tripod I want to get, but where I live do not have it available readily. I found a few internet stores locally, but the cost is double the price for some reason. Nevertheless, I know to achieve a sharp image, a tripod is essential. Thus, most of my shots, I find a sturdy object where I can place the camera on when taking my bracket images. I turn off the IS and my f-stop is anywhere between 7-11. When I merge my images together using photomatix, I have the align check box on just to be sure the camera didn't have any shakes when firing off the shots using the 2 sec timer. I know about the mirror lock feature, but I haven't tried it. Since I need to press the shutter button multiple times, it is not a good idea to use this feature without a remote shutter.

Is there anything I am missing or am I being OCD and it is time for me to get a faster lens? Many photographers suggest the prime 50mm f1.8 as a second lens to start off. The price is right. Can someone suggest a second lens for landscape with a price range under $1k?

Last edited:
Thank you all for the comments. I suppose countless hours of reading tutorials, tips, how-to's,camera basics,composition,etc on the net paid off.

I have a question for you all. I noticed my raw images are not coming out as sharp. I know it is partly due to my kit zoom lens (18-135mm). Many articles I've read suggest some ways to get sharper images with your kit lens. I have follow them but still am not satisfy with my results.

I do not have a tripod yet and am still deciding on which one to get. Actually, I do know the tripod and head I want to get, but where I live do not have it available readily. I found a few internet stores locally, but the cost is double the price for some reason. Nevertheless, I know to achieve a sharp image, a tripod is essential. Thus, most of my shots, I find a sturdy object where I can place the camera on when taking my bracket images. I turn off the IS and my f-stop is anywhere between 7-11. When I merge my images together using photomatix, I have the align check box on just to be sure the camera didn't have any shakes when firing off the shots using the 2 sec timer. I know about the mirror lock feature, but I haven't tried it. Since I need to press the shutter button multiple times, it is not a good idea to use this feature without a remote shutter.

Is there anything I am missing or am I being OCD and it is time for me to get a faster lens? Many photographers suggest the prime 50mm f1.8 as a second lens to start off. The price is right. Can someone suggest a second lens for landscape with a price range under $1k?
A tripod would help with sharpness especially with hdr,and a remote release also.As for the lens a canon 10-22 is a good choice.

Last edited:
You don't look "new" to photography.... those shots are great!

Sharpness wise, are you just noticing this when making HDR?

Try to shoot an image at 1/2000 sec ( with proper exposure of course). If it's not sharp then you have a real problem.

Most reactions

Back