My First HDR Images Post Process

duceduc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to photography and have purchased my first dslr camera. Canon EOS Kiss x6i. I love the way hdr images looks and have tried a few from these random shots I took in Japan.

Attachments

• $Image-9466.jpg
    $Image-9466.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 171
  • $Image-9469.jpg
    $Image-9469.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 152
  • $Image-9471.jpg
    $Image-9471.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 144
  • $Image-9473.jpg
    $Image-9473.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 139
  • $Image-9477.jpg
    $Image-9477.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 142
  • $Image-9538.jpg
    $Image-9538.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 159
  • $Image-9544.jpg
    $Image-9544.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 145
  • $Image-9704.jpg
    $Image-9704.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 165
  • $Image-9700.jpg
    $Image-9700.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 182

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm really digging the umbrella shot.

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like the clam like looking sculpture photo. Very nice!

EDL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
First dslr, first go at HDR...you're off to a pretty darn good start there! All very nice.

I like the bicycles and umbrella one best.

OP
D

duceduc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thank you all for the comments. I suppose countless hours of reading tutorials, tips, how-to's,camera basics,composition,etc on the net paid off.

I have a question for you all. I noticed my raw images are not coming out as sharp. I know it is partly due to my kit zoom lens (18-135mm). Many articles I've read suggest some ways to get sharper images with your kit lens. I have follow them but still am not satisfy with my results.

I do not have a tripod yet and am still deciding on which one to get. Actually, I do know the tripod I want to get, but where I live do not have it available readily. I found a few internet stores locally, but the cost is double the price for some reason. Nevertheless, I know to achieve a sharp image, a tripod is essential. Thus, most of my shots, I find a sturdy object where I can place the camera on when taking my bracket images. I turn off the IS and my f-stop is anywhere between 7-11. When I merge my images together using photomatix, I have the align check box on just to be sure the camera didn't have any shakes when firing off the shots using the 2 sec timer. I know about the mirror lock feature, but I haven't tried it. Since I need to press the shutter button multiple times, it is not a good idea to use this feature without a remote shutter.

Is there anything I am missing or am I being OCD and it is time for me to get a faster lens? Many photographers suggest the prime 50mm f1.8 as a second lens to start off. The price is right. Can someone suggest a second lens for landscape with a price range under $1k?

Last edited:

Digibill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thank you all for the comments. I suppose countless hours of reading tutorials, tips, how-to's,camera basics,composition,etc on the net paid off.

I have a question for you all. I noticed my raw images are not coming out as sharp. I know it is partly due to my kit zoom lens (18-135mm). Many articles I've read suggest some ways to get sharper images with your kit lens. I have follow them but still am not satisfy with my results.

I do not have a tripod yet and am still deciding on which one to get. Actually, I do know the tripod and head I want to get, but where I live do not have it available readily. I found a few internet stores locally, but the cost is double the price for some reason. Nevertheless, I know to achieve a sharp image, a tripod is essential. Thus, most of my shots, I find a sturdy object where I can place the camera on when taking my bracket images. I turn off the IS and my f-stop is anywhere between 7-11. When I merge my images together using photomatix, I have the align check box on just to be sure the camera didn't have any shakes when firing off the shots using the 2 sec timer. I know about the mirror lock feature, but I haven't tried it. Since I need to press the shutter button multiple times, it is not a good idea to use this feature without a remote shutter.

Is there anything I am missing or am I being OCD and it is time for me to get a faster lens? Many photographers suggest the prime 50mm f1.8 as a second lens to start off. The price is right. Can someone suggest a second lens for landscape with a price range under $1k?
A tripod would help with sharpness especially with hdr,and a remote release also.As for the lens a canon 10-22 is a good choice.

Last edited:

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
You don't look "new" to photography.... those shots are great!

Sharpness wise, are you just noticing this when making HDR?

Try to shoot an image at 1/2000 sec ( with proper exposure of course). If it's not sharp then you have a real problem.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics