My first HDR shot - Critique?

meheranandk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi.

I've taken this shot and post-processed it using Photomatix. I'd appreciate feedback and criticism. Thanks.

Last edited:
I stopped reading after "iPhone". And as a general rule, folks are NOT going to go wandering around the internet looking at links thrown up by new members with 2 posts. Good luck in your quest for fine cell phone photography.

I stopped reading after "iPhone".

I plan to buy a DSLR soon but in the meantime I used my phone camera for HDR only as an exercise.

And as a general rule, folks are NOT going to go wandering around the internet looking at links thrown up by new members with 2 posts. Good luck in your quest for fine cell phone photography.

I removed the link and posted the photograph instead. Hope that helps. Thanks. :)

Honestly? It's an unappealing scene with horribly strong light, overblown highlights along the top of the trees, lack of detail in the shadows, and no composition.

Try again. :thumbsup:
Mark

There is not enough shadow detail in that shot to justify HDR... looks more like you tone mapped it. And since there is no real subject... nothing to focus on that has any interest for anyone at all ....I am wondering why you bothered. Surely you have better shots than this?

I have seen some excellent shots done with the Iphone.. unbelievable stuff even. But this is NOT one of them!

Awefull photo. The top of the trees have been bleached by the sun. And what is the pic of? Looks like some random shot to see if the camera was working or not.

@Everyone: Thank you all for your feedback. I will improve my HDR skills before posting another photograph here for a critique. :)

Awefull photo.

Not as awful as your spelling of "awful."

I agree with what's been said. It's lacking the dynamic range for it to warrant an HDR processing method.

Most reactions

Back