My first infrared!!!

quad b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got my white balance set so I could do some infrared that came out NOT pink in camera. Here are my first shots from today, i wanted to share with everyone.

Enjoy!! (hopefully).

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

thanks for looking

Good job :)

Have you tried swapping the color channels yet? I ran them through PS real quick and swapped the channels. The first one is especially beautiful some blue and cyan hues!

What camera/lens were you using? You've got a bit of a hot spot in the very center of each shot. That's common with a lot of camera/lens combos with IR.

These are very nice, but also try swapping the blue and red channels using Channel Mixer in Photoshop.

Neat! I actually like the colors the way they are ... but that's just me.

Very surreal! I might adjust the colors just a TINY bit to increase the percieved contrast, but I wouldn't change otherwise.

thanks everyone!!

i'm using a D70s with the R72 filter and the 18-70 kit lense. i think i've got some dust on my sensor which upsets me a fair bit.

if anyone has a play with the channels, could they post them in here for me to have a look? thanks

good stuff.... you captured them well.... heres what two of them look like with a conversion... i slightly desaturated the second to my tastes because i dont like too much cyan...

DSC_0061-1.jpg

DSC_0059-2.jpg

I prefer how the water looks with the channel swap.... but some IR photos you may prefer without the conversion... you dont have to convert them.... personally i have a range of IR shots where some are converted and others arnt. ;)

wow, they're great. how'd you go about doing this? i dont use photoshop all too often.

Not wanting to sound stupid but whats infrared??

Gorgeous pic BTW

it's a type of light, different wavelength to visible light. i'm sure some of the other members on here could tell you A LOT more indepth info if your nice (archangel, chiller or woodac for a start would be good people to ask)

i still ask, how do i swap channels in photoshop??
is it a plugin i need to download? (im using photoshop 6)

Most reactions

Back