My first infrared!!!

sorry quad... yea the link above is basically what you need to do.... you open the channel mixer.... and change the red channel from 100% to 0%.... then the blue channel from 0% to 100%..... then you need to click the drop down menu and go to the blue channel and do the same, this time moving the blue from 100% to 0% and the red from 0% to 100%.... and that it. ;)

I usually have a play with the saturation of each channel too.... using the hue/saturation menu.... as well as re-adjusting the levels. have fun :thumbup:

There is a much easier way than swapping channels, and it takes 2 seconds. Duplicate the background layer (ctrl+j), invert it (ctrl+i), and set the blend mode to "color".

Digital Matt said:
There is a much easier way than swapping channels, and it takes 2 seconds. Duplicate the background layer (ctrl+j), invert it (ctrl+i), and set the blend mode to "color".

nice... i didnt think of that... good one matt :thumbup:

No prob Arch. Try doing that on a normal photo, and you can get awesome effects. Better yet, do it to a normal photo, and then use the channel mixer to go black and white, using 100% blue. ;)

wow, thanks to mole, arch and matt for the help on the channel swapping. it works all great for me now. thanks guys.

You can thank Archangel he gave me the link (thanks again archangel) & Matt for his other way.

Most reactions

Back