My first "non-family" set....

how come the exif data isnt available anymore on your flickr?

look good your computer isnt good enough. You really need to zoom in to around eyes and see if they are soft or not. Some people here have their eyes calibrated and they know whether someting is soft or not without zooming in. You really need to figure out why you cant get sharp images before you move on. Did you buy the 50mm new or used?

You and I need to go on shoot together with our 50 mm s:lol:. My issue was I metered to get the shot and forgot to watch the settings on how I got that which ended getting a wide open apperature at f1.8 to 2.2 and softness. My whole purpose was to shoot at 5.6 or so but because I also went from bright light to dark shade the above happened. So I hopefully can get another chance today.

No clue why data isn't available.

Only two that aren't pin sharp zoomed in on my. Imp are first and last.

The others are not pin sharp, there is a big difference to my sharp and your sharp
293456243_xGpce-XL.jpg

Eyes.. the eyes are pin sharp. Pretty sure we've determined there's some image quality lost in the upload here, too. Not to mention I'm looking at the high res images. But thanks for chunking your photo in my thread. It is very sharp and very nicely done but you chopped off the riders head.

Not sure I'm seeing sharpness in any of the pictures. Uploads on your flickr don't seem to be much difference. Just keep shooting! :)

1,2,5 are seriously soft...these just did not turn out that well. Your statement , "The client was very happy," is more a reflection on the client's tastes and expectations than on the quality of the photos, because, honestly, photos 1,2,and 5 would not make keeper by my standards...and you reference lots of photos thrown away...I can only imagine what the culls looked like if 1,2,and 5 are client-delivery grade shots.

Eyes.. the eyes are pin sharp. Pretty sure we've determined there's some image quality lost in the upload here, too. Not to mention I'm looking at the high res images. But thanks for chunking your photo in my thread. It is very sharp and very nicely done but you chopped off the riders head.

cropping the top of heads in portraits is not a bad thing, if he didn't have his helmet on his head would be in the frame :p

Hon, Derrel nailed it.........I'm sorry but there is something very wrong going on w/ your shots. I can't imagine it is all the loading from flickr. Maybe it's time to get your camera checked? I don't understand why this keeps happening for you. Maybe go out and take some shots in AF just to see what kind of focus you get. I hope you get this stuff worked out before your wedding. Feel bad for ya. :hug::

Wow, personal attack much? All your photos are soft, I actually thought you had purposely blurred the photo to make her skin soft but yes, all of them, their focus is off, or the you got some camera shake.

but this definitely wasn't equipment error.

But it's so easy to blame equipment!!

Btw, OP did you say you weren't shooting in auto focus??

Maybe it's time to get your camera checked?

There isn't anything wrong with her camera, :lol: She was just shooting with too slow of a shutter speed.

Can't blame this on the camera, only the photographer is to blame... but like I said... it's a learning experience... it's not like I'm some crazy-amazing photographer, and we all have to start somewhere, but this definitely wasn't equipment error.

:lol: I know her equipment is fine....;) Yes, it is just easier to push the blame. I thought she might jump on the chance.

Most reactions

Back