My first pano...of my city...

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...with my 350D. But my first mistake was that I didn't use the polarizing filter. d'oh! It was on my other lens at home. d'oh!
Taken just before the sun set behind the mountains, hence the very hazy look. Don't worry - it's not pollution. Infact, in about the middle of the picture near the mountains it's raining. And soon after I took this the clouds on the right came rolling in and it rained. :cheer: yay!

So this is the city where I live, Cairns. If you look on the right hand side of the pic just infront of the small hill - that's where I live! Actually - this photo makes it look like no one lives here - coz you can hardly see any houses! But behind the mountains on the right, there are heaps more suburbs as well.
Pano-websized.jpg

So this is the first time I used the Stitching software that came with the 350D and I guess it did an ok job. I touched it up the stitches a little in PS, especially in the sky area. I think I'll stitch them together myself though, in the future just to avoid those icky lines.

Hope you like it! :hug:: And thanks for looking!

I think it looks great! What a beautiful place to live!

oh, wow what a great view, very nice place to live indeed! :)

Wow, thats amazing!:thumbup:

Did you premeditate this picture so that the dark clouds would be on the right and nice sunny sky on the left? Beacuse, it looks great like that!:D

no unfortunately. When we have clouds they are usually over the mountains because that is just the way that clouds behave. They come up from the south (directly in the middle of the pic) or in from over the ocean and then they dump all their rain as soon as they hit the mountains so that's why it's all so green here. If you were to go a few kilometers behind the mountains on the right (west) it starts to turn brown pretty quickly.

Thanks for the comments. :mrgreen: I love where I live and I'm a little sad I'll be moving at the end of the year.

Most reactions

Back