My first pics - Critique wanted!

KatharineAspen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So it was actually sunny a couple of days ago so I went for a walk and took a few photo's. I'd love to see what you think/what needs improving ect.

PICT0476-1.jpg

PICT1956.jpg

PICT1954.jpg

PICT1960.jpg

And these were just taken around my house somepoint last week

PICT1911.jpg

PICT1895.jpg

PICT1862.jpg

Like I said, I'd love to hear what you have to say about them :)

Cheers, Katharine

The pink flower is lovely, nicely exposed with a good depth of focus, the even lighting is no problem for the camera in auto.
The first 2, (I cant find any detail on your equipment dunno what a 10MP-9KB is) reminds me of my first digital camera, a Fuji, it always struggled on all auto setting to choose a happy medium exposure.
Ofcourse I remedied that eventually by shooting manual, but the tones are so similar.
Technically thats the problem with the first 2, exposure is for the darker foreground #1 and the stone #2, so the sky is over exposed in both.
If you shoot all manual and check the preview...it may take some time, try to push back the sky so it doesn't interfere with those to branches in #1 and the stonework in #2.
I always think, if you can record a scene accurately with good exposure, the composition/subject matter/angle of the dangle is a more personal/stylistic area to work on afterwards.

What do you think about them ?

My favourites are the two plants. I love the brightness and how vivid the colour is. With the first two I like the idea but I couldnt seam to capture it exactly how I wanted.

As for my camera its an unbranded 10mp one. I didn't get it too long ago and am still getting used to it.

Thanks for the comments :)

The flower shots are very nice. I also like you're around the house images, sometimes the most ordinary things make great photos. Keep it up.

i love the pink flower shot.. and the close up book.. very nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back