my first pictures for c&c

I think the first photo is very good, even if it's just an ordinary headlight. Very nice tones throughout.

rob i looked through your flickr slide show and your photos are great... is there a filter or something that you use to make everything so clear and crisp? like i said at the begining I have no clue about photography, but i love it. any help or advice is welcome. not just from rob but anyone. I just want to take better photos

It has been said that filters degrade your image quality. Unless you spend the money for the good ones. As far as robs pictures being sharp I can say that his 17-50 2.8 lens is very sharp around f/4 or so. Ive been looking at this lens and am thinking about getting it.

What kind of camera are you using?

if you want sharper, better photos, get the tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens. I got mine for $350 used and it's been worth every penny. You just won't believe what better glass will do for your photography until you pony up.

For right now, use ISO100 and f/8. Practice being as steady as a sniper when you click the shutter. Use a tripod if you need to. Remember to set yourself up (IE camera settings, posture, framing, etc) for EVERY shot. Really think about and see what you want this photo to look like before you even look through the view finder. Then make your camera capture the scene exactly how you see it.

It's amazing how, even at the fastest shutter speeds and the widest angles, the stiller you can hold the camera, the better.

Anyway, keep practicing the basics until you can afford better equipment. Everyone here will probably tell you that your equipment is not your limiting factor, and you should keep learning with your base level stuff until better equipment will make the difference, but I can tell you that shooting with nice stuff is just better. You'll "oops" into some really great shots, and learn how to make your skills meet up with the quality of your gear.

At least that's how I feel.

Good luck and keep learning and always keep an open mind!

any recs on which of these?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dphoto&field-keywords=Tamron+SP+AF+17-50mm+F%2F2.8&x=0&y=0]Amazon.com: Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 Camera, Photo & Video[/ame]

five fingers rule!

Number one is pretty sweet.

2 and 3 dont do much for me.

five fingers do rock!!!! and thanks it feels pretty awesome for people to like my first picture. thanks

nice gretzky quote..

Last edited:
I love your first shot.....

it's not B&W, right?

it's kinda brownish??? I feel there retro style...and I think you would be sooo good if you took up this field as a photographer)

im excited and my new lens will be here tomorrow; i will be out of town unfortunately. SO I AM a little pissed about that but oh well

so i have got the new lens and havent had a second really to shoot anything... how upsetting

wow!! thanks for the advice... awesome sooo much better

Most reactions

Back