My first portrait shoot - Please C&C

Hair, all over the place. . . take a little extra time and have her brush it aside, or you do it, will help a lot.
esides #1, the sharpness is nice.
Are you using any kind of diffuser for the flash?

I like the pose in #3. If the lighting is all natural light it's not too bad, could use a little fill on the camera right.

#1 eyes are soft.. looks like maybe skin is over processed...
#2 Hair in face... and what FL did you shoot these with ? (OK 70mm on flickr)...
#3 is best.. but light needs to be a bit softer (what modifier - if any - did you use? And how far away from subject).. and hair in face. Peyton is a lovely girl!

Last edited:
Hair, all over the place. . . take a little extra time and have her brush it aside, or you do it, will help a lot.

It was windy as hell!!! I was using an umbrella diffuser on an off camera speedlite

It was windy as hell!!! I was using an umbrella diffuser on an off camera speedlite

Yea.. it was pretty obvious it was windy! lol! How big was the umbrella? And how far way?

My suggestion would be to get the umbrella as close as possible to the subject.. literally right outside of the frame in the viewfinder! The closer it is, the softer the light will be (because it will be larger in relation to the subject from a closer distance!)

Umbrellas are no fun in the wind, right? lol!

Most reactions

Back